- Ensure all data is quality flagged in accordance with work procedures and project specifications.
- $87,939.83 plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and leave loading
- Location, Potts Hill
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As a Hydrographer Level 2, you will deliver approved monitoring programs and support the delivery of R&D needs by providing expertise in the operation, maintenance and calibration of hydrometric monitoring sites and provision of hydrometric data and related services from water and wastewater networks.
- In this role you will undertake field data collection and measurement in line with relevant work instructions and standards. This will include:
- The interpretation of hydrometric data and provide timely reporting on water cycle information.
- Undertake calibration and maintenance programs including field based and SCADA / IICATS related systems and advise stakeholders of non-conforming product.
- Display behaviours that demonstrate commitment to a team-based approach.
With HYDSTRA database skills and knowledge and a demonstrated ability to develop innovative methods of data analysis, management and reporting, it is also important that you have:
- Related tertiary qualifications and relevant experience.
- Experience in undertaking hydrometric and/ or related operations
- Knowledge of telemetry and interfaced SCADA systems, hydrometric logging equipment/sensors, instrument calibration procedures and relevant Australian Standards.
- Effective written and communications
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.