- Business and Solution Architecture and strategy, working closely with the Enterprise Architects and the business
- Define and govern digital and architecture policies, principles, standards, frameworks, procedures
- Parramatta location, flexible work arrangements, 12 month fixed term role
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a positive contribution to the lives of our customers, communities and our environment.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Qualified IT / Digital Architect to drive the enterprise technology architecture. You will be a pivotal link in providing specialist architectural services to the key delivery, architectural and operational arms of Digital Business. With a diplomatic approach you will advise, document and socialise architectural principles and governance, providing strategic solutions to key internal businesses and IT teams to meet identified business goals.
- Lead technology consultancy assignments involving specialists from various disciplines, having ownership for the quality, timely delivery and appropriateness of the team’s recommendations
- Build domain strategies and roadmaps, collaborating with various stakeholders across IT and the business
- Drive the design and compliance governance processes
- Work with Enterprise and Solution Architects to define and govern digital and architecture policies, principles, standards, frameworks, procedures
- Engaging and facilitating meetings and workshops with key stakeholders documenting and delivering digital policies, principles, standards, frameworks, procedures and awareness programs
- Manage architecture governance, as well as building and managing the architecture repositories
Open, creative, collaborative and an influencer. Enjoy managing complex situations with diverse stakeholders. Able to circumvent high touch environments establishing trust and delivering with commitment.
- Degree qualification with Information Technology, Business and or similar industry experience
- Over five years IT related role preferably working in the technology architecture or solutions enterprise architect role
- Established skills in the application of technology solutions to business problems in large organisations
- Solid skills and experience across the following technology sub-domains: Network & Telecommunications, End-User Computing and Identity. Good overall understanding of Hosting Infrastructure, Cloud and Security
- Experience in a utility, engineering or asset intensive organisation would be highly valued
- Understanding of and ability to apply industry architectural best practices (e.g. TOGAF and ITIL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to socialise complex ideas to a variety of stakeholders from the business
- Design and documenting digital application, infrastructure, information, business and/or integration architecture diagrams skills
- Broad exposure across multiple architecture domains, in order to provide a balance between business, technology, security and experience.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2022.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.