- Build and manage productive business relationships with development stakeholders
- Efficiently and effectively manage the end-to-end review and processing of development applications
- Permanent role, Parrramatta location
- $110,377 + super + leave loading per annum
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you will build and manage productive business relationships with development stakeholders such as developers, water service coordinators and councils, to ensure optimised investment efficiency and liveability outcomes.
- Efficiently and effectively manage the end-to-end review and processing of development applications for medium to high complexity projects/. Successfully deliver assigned projects to meet quality, time and budgetary requirements, within a multi-skilled environment, to ensure the requirements of Sydney Water’s policies, guidelines and technical standards are met with a positive developer experience.
- Contribute to the development of commercial arrangements that integrate the delivery of water related services with new development delivered by developers towards improved investment efficiency and liveability outcomes.
- Support the Account Managers and Leadership Team as the point of advice and escalation for project and case matters for the team
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. urban planning, engineering, business or related discipline) or experience deemed equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with the delivery of capital works.
- Project management qualifications desirable
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation.
- Sound planning, organisational, time and project management skills, including the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects and meet objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively problem solve.
- Proven ability as a self-starter.
- Professional integrity and a high degree of personal resilience.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and organisations.
- Ability to provide training and individual coaching.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including sound stakeholder management and engagement experience.
- Experience in working within a development servicing/ infrastructure planning environment Experience in forming and maintaining strong, constructive business relationships
Application Closing date: Thursday, 25 February 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.