Development Manager – Major Projects
- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Two-year term role
- Parramatta Location or other areas of operation.
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Major Projects, this position will provide project development management oversight, strategic advice and related services to the Major Projects portfolio to deliver successful investment business cases, management of development investment gateways and assurance expertise across the Sydney Water Major Projects Infrastructure Investment Program.
This role will provide value through the leadership, management and provision of specialist project development expertise including economic valuation and assessment, financial appraisal, business case expertise, options and delivery readiness assessments and operations and asset integration management expertise.
- 15+ years’ experience in successfully developing capital major projects worth $200+ millions, ideally in the water and wastewater space and/or utilities.
- You have a great deal of knowledge and experience in investment management, business case development and capital program development and delivery.
- You will have track record and demonstrated understanding of NSW Government assurance and economic regulatory processes for infrastructure investment
- You have the ability, experience and knowledge to resolve complex issues.
- Advanced stakeholder engagement and management skills with the ability communicate at all levels.
Type of leader you are
- Solution focused with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge others’ strengths and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand the impact and how it contributes to the cooperate strategy of the organisation.
Application closes: 9 November 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.