- Permanent and stable role
- Initially based at Redfern with flexible work practices
- Be a part of the innovative and award winning procurement model “Partnering for Success (P4S)”, including the use of NEC4 contract framework
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
About the role
- P4S Principal Project Managers sit at the pinnacle of project management within Sydney Water.
- Leading a high performing and diverse project management team in the safe and efficient delivery of capital infrastructure projects,
- Support the Area Delivery Manager in leading the successful operation of the Partnering for Success collaborative procurement model within the region
- Guide and mentor a regional project management team, to proudly make a difference in establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
- Encourage your team to “deliver differently”, with the support of a fully integrated team, consisting of Sydney Water and contractor personnel, in a multi-disciplinary matrix structure
- Building trusted and collaborative relationships across Sydney Water, Regional Delivery Consortia and external stakeholders
- Challenge the norm, building an environment where your team is psychologically safe to be the best they can be
- As necessary manage high risk/complex projects to plan, from initiation through to close out and handover, in accordance with NEC4 processes
- Genuine Work/ Life balance
- Initially located at Redfern (South Region), with highly flexible work practices the norm
To be a P4S Principal Project Manager , you will have the leadership skills, knowledge and experience to own the outcomes of your regional project team. To succeed you will have the skills to build strong partnerships, being fully aware of what it takes for outstanding delivery of large and multi-faceted projects. As a confident communicator, you are a natural influencer who knows what it takes to make a team perform, developing and leveraging relationships across a broad internal and external stakeholder network. Demonstrating and expecting your project management teams to maintain honest and open interactions with others, plus an ethical approach to work, will be a norm. Keeping safety, public health and environment at the front of mind will be an inherent leadership trait.
You will have done your time in project delivery. Knowing what makes a project tick and how to get the best from delivery. This will be supported by the business acumen to know how to work within complex environments, ensuring your team gets the work done. Being able to champion Sydney Water goals and values and managing business risks is part of how you work. Confidence to confront difficult issues promptly and directly, and supporting your teams when they need assistance, is shown by your ability to make critical business decisions in a timely manner. An ability to consider long-term implications of decisions whilst taking feedback from relevant parties is a key attribute.
You will be known for an involvement in global initiatives for project management, keeping future-based thinking part of your operational improvement desire. Continuously seeking areas to develop is coupled with an ability to lead change and strive for continuous improvement. Not only will delivery excellence be a passion, you will have the emotional intelligence to understand and support a high performing team. Keeping people to the fore, you will have an inherent skill to focus on enabling a team to succeed. Fully implementing thorough performance mentoring and coaching initiatives, you are passionate about providing opportunities for growth and development. Ongoing improvement and team excellence will be an expected standard of yours.
You will be comfortable working in an integrated team. You will know how to drive collaborative behaviours in your integrated team, regardless of whether the team members report directly to you or others. Experience with NEC4 contracts and collaborative frameworks is favourable.
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.