Manager, Integrated Water Cycle Planning
- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Take management accountability for detailed short to medium term planning to support growth, in alignment with long term plans and the Sydney Water Corporate Strategy
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
- Exceptional people leadership, stakeholder engagement, and strategic thinking
- Flexible hybrid working conditions, based at Parramatta close to transport
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Systems and Asset Planning team leads the development of integrated water planning and early design for assets, systems and regions throughout Greater Sydney. Our group is focused on ensuring Sydney Water delivers the right investments at the right time.
This is a leadership role, required to work collaboratively across the business deliver efficient servicing plans that meet community and business expectations. The successful applicant will work alongside four other planning managers, ensuring that Sydney Water’s plans represent the best value for our current and future customers. They will also work closely with the urban planning and development sectors, both external to and within Sydney Water.
- Lead a team of Sydney Water and consultant planners, fostering a high-performance culture through role clarity, feedback and transformational leadership practices.
- Develop detailed integrated water cycle plans (water, wastewater, recycled water, storm water, water conservation, waterway health) aligned to the Greater Sydney Water Strategy, Sydney Water’s long-term plans and the Corporate Strategy.
- Engage with customers, community, regulators, government and business stakeholders to deliver market relevant servicing options.
- Build and maintain a strong, two way, trusting working relationship with team and key stakeholders.
- Effectively balancing risk and cost in the best interests of customers and championing innovative and efficient solutions that challenge traditional approaches.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional, System, Asset and Treatment Planning managers to continue to evolve Sydney Water’s leading planning practices, including our approach to adaptive planning, economic assessment, carbon zero and cost estimating.
- Build and ensure people, process, information and technology capabilities are adequate for the long-term success of the team and work with others to promote and influence improvement.
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline (engineering, urban planning, business, economics and/or science)
- Post-graduate qualification highly regarded.
- Demonstrated competence in leadership at a senior level and strong ability to coach and develop the skills of others.
- Demonstrated experience in building effective business relationships and effective, productive work teams.
- Change management with the ability to influence stakeholders and drive change.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish a high degree of credibility at all levels across organisations (internal and external to Sydney Water).
- Demonstrated business acumen and commercial understanding of quality/cost/risk trade-offs.
Closing date: 14 February, 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.