- Fantastic opportunity to make your mark in shaping strategy and outcome within Procurement analytic workstream
- Use your advanced analysis skills to develop and maintain spend analytics and provide commercial insights to stakeholders
- Paramatta location, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers, developers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Working within a high-performing Procurement team, you will play a key role in developing Procurement analytics workstream that will enable Procurement to ultimately deliver strategic value to Sydney Water. You will provide crucial support to Procurement through commercial baselining, opportunities identification, and benchmarking. You will assist in the provision of Procurement excellence to Sydney Water, with a focus on improving the way we work through better systems, tools, processes, and policies.
This role is an excellent opportunity to grow your career in Procurement, providing a solid pathway to future strategic procurement opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Contribute to Procurement Effectiveness by designing, implementing and improving procurement policies, procedures, and by delivering research, analytics and insights on cost structures, suppliers, market indicators and opportunities.
- Provide data and analytics to inform business cases, hypothesis development, category planning, benefits tracking for tenders and contracts and to support the development of sourcing strategies
- Provide data and analytical tools and methodologies, including data modelling and statistical analysis techniques to improve Procurement outcomes and support decision making.
- Collect and interpret supplier performance data and provide feedback to Procurement teams and Business divisions.
- Support the identification of Procurement risks and the implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Gain an understanding of the Ariba system to be able to provide back-up support
- Provide data and support to the procurement contribution to the Quality Management System- ISO 9001 certification.
You will use your advanced MS Excel and analytical skills to provide in-depth analytical support to assist stakeholders to develop Procurement strategies, make decisions, create efficiencies, and enable them to better connect with internal and external stakeholders
You will have:
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Procurement, Data and Analytics, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience working in Procurement analytics in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in applying best-in-class analytical tools and technique, including but not limited to Power BI, developing and maintaining data cleansing and mapping rules.
- Professional Procurement desirable (e.g. MCIPS) and/or Procurement (e.g. APICS, MCILT) qualification.
- Business Process Improvement or Project Management qualification or experience desirable
- Sound knowledge of effective Procurement policy, and procedure
- Demonstrated experience in delivering process improvement across Procurement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate, and work under pressure to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people.
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.