- Field based role working across all areas of Sydney Water operations
- Highly autonomous requiring tactical decisions
- 9 day fortnight, EA12 level
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a positive contribution to the lives of our customers, communities and our environment.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As part of the Instrumentation, Automation & Control Services Team – The Electrical Technician will assist the business deliver ongoing Project work on behalf of Sydney Water. Projects will involve our strategic initiatives in the areas of Telemetry, IoT, Instrumentation, Flow monitoring and SCADA Field Support.
· Apply SWC isolations and safety procedures while working on assets
· Implement quality procedure – ITP’s, FAT and SAT Documentation
· Inspect site works, electrical cubicles and site electrical wiring for standards compliance
· Supervise the undertaking and completion of minor civil and electrical work, ensuring they meet electrical standards and followed Sydney Water procedure
· Assist IICATS/SCADA Field Commissioning Engineers to commission assets after modification work
· Perform minor electrical project work as required
· Interpret and deliver scopes of work to achieve successful outcomes including scope validation, quotation preparation, materials procurement, resource assignment
· Produce and Implement Interim Operating Plans to deliver project work on Operational Assets to manage
· significant risks related to asset performance – customer, environment, safety
· Contribute and provide an active involvement in project team activities
· Undertake field activities, including fault finding, in line with relevant work instructions and standards
· Accountable for managing and responding to live sites, including making decisions ensuring contingency plans are in place and correct equipment available
· Update and review work procedures and reports where required
· Be an active member of the team and provide verbal and written inputs at “Tool Box” talks and project resource scheduling
Committed to ensure the safety and wellbeing to all Sydney Water employees, contractors and our customers. Able to work autonomously with an initiative mindset to make field based decisions.
· A Valid NSW Electrical licence with working knowledge of the latest version of AS/NZ 3000 wiring rules
· A current NSW drivers’ licence
· A valid or the ability to obtain a current confined spaces certificate + industrial Instrumentation certificate + OHS White card
· Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience in the installation of electrical equipment in an Industrial Environment
· Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience in switchboard wiring and modification of power, control and instrumentation circuits. (VSD’s, Soft Starters, PLC’s, RTU’s, Instrumentation)
· Demonstrated ability to interpret electrical drawings and implement the changes to a completed functional asset as per design without impacting asset operation and customer services
· Interpreted electrical drawings to perform modification to wiring within switchboards and document any modifications
· Ability to maintain operation of working assets while performing upgrade work
· Operated working under limited direction and to deadlines
· Worked with telemetry and interfaced SCADA systems and wiring desirable
· Experience with instrument calibration procedures and relevant Australian Standards desirable
· Established skills to supervise minor electrical construction related civil works as required
· Knowledge of the water cycle and wastewater desirable
· Effective written and communication skills
Closing date: Tuesday 25 January, 2022 For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role.
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.