- Provide technical expertise in the operation, maintenance and calibration of leading-edge instrumentation and telemetry systems
- Inspect site works, electrical cubical and site electrical wiring
- Potts Hill location, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As an Instrument Technician at Sydney Water you will have the opportunity to work on the latest instrumentation and telemetry systems, and test and develop new instrumentation technology. You will undertake calibration and maintenance of field instrumentation and SCADA / IICATS automation equipment and associated communications devices.
You will also participate in the efficient delivery of water and wastewater delivery plans, providing verbal and written inputs at “Tool Box” talks and project resource scheduling. Joining a team with extensive knowledge in instrumentation technology you will:
- Undertake data processing and validation tasks.
- Undertake field operations in the collection, fault tracking and related services from the IICATS networks.
- Undertake calibration and maintenance of field instrumentation and trunk main flowmeters, including SCADA / IICATS interfaced systems
- Apply SWC isolations and safety procedures while working on assets.
- Undertake integration tests for RTU/PLC control sequences
- Inspect site works, electrical cubical and site electrical wiring.
- Assist IICATS/SCADA Field Commissioning Engineers to commission assets
- Ability to undertake minor electrical project work as required
- Interpret data and provide timely reporting on recorded information.
- Undertake field activities in line with relevant work instructions and standards.
- Maintain specialised flow measurement and monitoring equipment in accordance with work procedures.
- Report via SWC Maximo (maintenance system) on trunk mains flowmeters.
- Service and maintain ancillary equipment at IICATS trunk main sites and update Instrumentation database as required.
This is a field-based role. Instrument Technicians may be exposed to unfavourable conditions, including situations with a high safety risk. Successful completion of a pre-employment medical assessment is a condition of employment in this role. You may be required to work at heights, work in adverse weather conditions, or in wastewater systems. Work is performed in various locations across the Greater Sydney Region, and may involve working extended and/or varied hours, however flexible work arrangements are encouraged where possible.
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in the installation, operation, calibration and maintenance of Industrial Instrumentation field equipment.
- Industrial Instrumentation and a Valid NSW Electrical licence with working knowledge of the current version of AS/NZ 3000 wiring rules.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret electrical drawings and realise to a completed functional asset
- Demonstrated experience performing calibration and maintenance procedures for closed conduit flowmeters
- Experience with RTU logging equipment and sensors
- Experience with telemetry and interfaced SCADA systems
- Experience with instrument calibration procedures and relevant Australian Standards
- Ability to supervise minor electrical construction related civil works as required
- Knowledge of the water cycle and wastewater systems
- A current NSW driver’s licence
- A valid or ability to obtain a current Confined Spaces certificate.
- A valid or ability to obtain a OHS White card
- A current or ability to obtain Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current or ability to obtain COVID, Hepatitis A and B, and Tetanus inoculations
Closing date: Thursday 16th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.