- Portfolio Management – Develop a customer portfolio view of their projects and proactively manage through the planning and delivery developer journey for efficient outcomes. We strongly encourage diversity of skills and experiences within our team, and welcome applicants with from all walks of professional life.
- Take the lead on our engagement, interface and relationships with major developers and government agencies to deliver sustainable outcomes that support growth and development of Sydney as a liveable city.
- Enjoy work-life balance with our agile/flexible working environment.
- Mentor others as a leader within the business, leading a team of up to 5 direct reports and working closely with the CG&D Leadership Team to build on the positive culture in the team and cohesion within the business.
- Focus on outcomes to plan and deliver major development projects with our team comprising some of the best in the industry, and support the City Growth and Development vision and objectives.
At Sydney Water, we deliver a world-class customer experience, and are passionate about collaborating with our current and future customers, communities, stakeholders and partners to deliver better outcomes.
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future, creating a better life, with world-class water and wastewater services. We know the world is changing, so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
Sydney Water also respectfully acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of Sydney, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains where we work, live and learn.
Who is Sydney Water?
At Sydney Water, we exist for our customers.
We provide safe drinking water to more than 5 million people across Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. We also look after wastewater and some stormwater services to help protect the health of our rivers and beaches. We operate under the Sydney Water Act 1994 and have 3 equal principal objectives:
- to protect public health
- to protect the environment
- to be a successful business.
We have multiple exciting opportunities for experienced Development Planning Managers to join our established team as Major Account Managers. This role will interface with our key internal stakeholders across Growth and Planning, Engineering and Networks/Operations and Commercial Frameworks to deliver outcomes for some of our nation’s largest developers, to support Sydney’s growth.
Over the next ten years, Sydney will undergo some of the most significant population growth in its history. Sydney Water supports this growth, through delivering world-class products and services – helping to develop thriving, liveable and sustainable cities.
The key function of this role is to understand our developer customer needs and align with our business requirements. As a leader of a small team, you will think on your feet, champion customer needs and help develop new opportunities and products. Your commercial skills will mean that you have an eye for detail and will play a key role in leading the development and negotiation of new products and services – integrating new and traditional water services, to improve commercial and sustainable outcomes.
Key to the role will be your ability to build strategic relationships and facilitate the delivery of critical and complex growth projects, and proactively manage relationships with developers and major infrastructure agencies to manage the impact on existing Sydney Water assets, and deliver new ones. You will oversee the end-to-end project and case management of low, medium and high complexity development projects to ensure the work is delivered on time and meeting quality and regulatory requirements.
Help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing city.
You are an experienced industry professional (Account/Project/Development Manager, Engineer, Planner etc) with demonstrated people and commercial skills, able to engage closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcomes for all parties. You will have a background in managing actions and outcomes for large civil infrastructure projects with a demonstrated focus on finding solutions to drive customer outcomes.
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. urban planning, engineering, construction and project management), or experience deemed equivalent
- Sound knowledge in infrastructure, urban/property development industry
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Commercially savvy, with well-developed ability to negotiate persuasively and resolve conflict through relationship and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated project management experience working within a development servicing/ infrastructure planning environment
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application Close: Sunday 10 July 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.