- Establish the Release Governance & Management framework for Digital supported Products whilst enabling Agile Release cadence for Cloud based Applications
- Establish the Service Transition framework for Digital whilst uplifting processes from business case initiation to project completion
- Parramatta location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This is not a Release Manger role! Rather, the role is focussed around establishing the KPIs around Release governance and then implementing them in a commercial environment.
The role is a hybrid role where you will have an opportunity to help Sydney Water innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities as a Senior Release and Service Transition Specialist, working closely with internal and external customers to ensure that Project and Program Releases along with the new business services being transition meet the demands of our Customers from the initiation of a Business Case to the closure of the project.
Your duties will involve:
- Defining and governing the Release Management framework which focuses on rapid, reliable, low-risk delivery of high-quality business outcomes and enabling release cadence for different Products (SAP/Java / SAAS ) and Azure Platforms.
- Defining and maintaining the Digital Release Calendar to measure and monitor each release progress ensuring product releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations - Focus on SAAS, PAAS pipeline for Release cadence.
- Working with the Portfolio Management and Product Delivery teams to enable the Business Case with inputs around funding relevant for OPEX uplift and provide relevant insight into mitigation of business and operational risks including security risks.
- Defining and governing Service Transition, Acceptance and Operational readiness plan including, but not limited to, building, organizing and contributing to a portfolio of IT services on behalf of service owners and customers throughout their lifecycle.
- Enabling 'Shift left' and adopt Agile approach towards Release governance and Service Transition for programs and projects.
- Collaborating with deployments teams and change managers and provide Release Dashboards for agreed KPIs.
This role will suit someone who has prior experience in establishing and implementing KPIs around Release governance. This role is NOT a Release Management role (yes, this point is repeated!) – there is a very strong focus on Release governance and ensuring releases are planned correctly, deployed, and transitioned to the Digital Release Calendar. It will suit someone who has previously established agility around Release Management and who is adept in managing and guiding practices around Release Management within a large corporate environment.
You will have:
- Degree qualifications in information technology, business, computer science or similar and/or equivalent industry experience, with ITIL4 certification ideal.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Release Management and Governanc
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Service Transition and Operational Acceptance.
- Experience in Technical Project Delivery - overview and understanding.
- Experience in working on complex pieces of work / programs / transformations for business-critical systems at the enterprise level (especially involving a move to cloud focused environments)
- Relevant experience in IT Service Management working in a complex IT enterprise environment which includes offshore, outsourced IT engagements (ITL4™ Certification)
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud technologies, Infrastructure Technologies, Information, Integration, Platform and Software technologies
- Significant knowledge of DevOps and Scaled Agile Framework (DevOps-RM™ Certification)
- Hands on working knowledge of Agile methodologies, ideally Scrum
- Release Management governance experience with through understanding of Agile Release Cadence, working with SI and Cloud Vendors to establish Release streams to accelerate the delivery.
- Service Transition Experience to understand to what is essential for the new or updated Business Services to be transitions to operations.
- Establishing the Service Transition framework for Digital while uplifting the existing processes to align with the ITIL service management framework components, of change, release, Disaster Recovery (DR) and service performance.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Closing date: Wednesday 10th March 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact recruitment@sydneywater. com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
As part of the application process, Sydney Water will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role. We will also use your personal information to establish a LiveHire talent profile in our Talent Community. We look at our Talent Community first when new opportunities come up when you apply for a role. Your personal information will be collected in accordance with LiveHire’s Term