- Take Management accountability for Sydney Water’s Major Projects Pre-Contract (Procurement) team
- Manage procurement and transaction activities across Major Projects
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program. You can view further information on Sydney Water's Major Projects 2021 - 2026 via this link.
The Major Projects Senior Pre-Contract (Procurement) Manager will partner closely with the business to develop, deploy and manage procurement and delivery strategies for Major Projects. You will manage procurement aspects of INSW Gate 1 and 2 and manage INSW Gate 3 and 4 across Major Projects, and manage procurement and transaction activities that ensure value for money, appropriate levels of service and compliance with procedures and professional best practice. You will also collaborate across business functions to lead the development and maintenance of relationships with key suppliers and negotiation of contractual arrangements, and leverage Sydney Water’s buying power in goods and services, unlocking value from the supplier base and managing procurement processes effectively.
- Have management accountability for Sydney Water’s Major Projects Pre-Contract (Procurement) team.
- Manage development of procurement and delivery strategy for Major Projects.
- Partner with the business to understand and clearly communicate Sydney Water’s vision and expected outcomes for each contract and/or internal business function.
- Manage the multi criteria assessment process for an optimal way to package and deliver Major Projects to create the most effective interfaces with and between suppliers, allowing Sydney Water to manage the risks it is best placed to manage.
- Manage a series of market sounding processes with external suppliers to generate market appetite and use feedback in an iterative process to shape packaging and delivery model for Major Projects
- Lead procurement risk workshops for identification and optimum allocation of risk in contract.
- Manage the end to end transaction process including expression of interest, request for tender and Early Contract Involvement and lead, evaluation, negotiation of commercial and contractual terms, contract formulation and award.
You will have prior experience in leading the development and implementation of optimum procurement and delivery strategies for large programmes of work that balance a range of objectives, namely value for money, risk management, probity, reliability of supply, sound process and efficiency. You will have demonstrated experience in leading a Pre-Contract (Procurement) team in a complex infrastructure environment, and be skilled a leading sourcing activities within such environments.
You are an expert in the Pre-Contract space, and can confidently speak with authority about financial, commercial and regulatory cost drivers, provides advice on the business implications of costs/ benefits to ensure the outcomes are aligned to the organisation’s strategic goals
You have an extensive knowledge of infrastructure and construction industry players, emerging trends and competitive strategies.
You must have:
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Construction Law, Engineering, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional MRICs, CIPS, or equivalent qualification
- At least 15 years’ experience in pre-contract and contract management of construction and infrastructure projects in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector with at least 3 years in a senior leadership role
- Strong understanding of construction procurement, delivery model and NSW tendering and transaction requirements
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business to develop effective procurement strategies and lead commercial negotiations.
Application closing date: Friday 1st October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.