SDO4 High Voltage Electrical Engineer
- A diverse & rewarding role with a passionate & committed team
- Permanent full-time role
- Location Potts Hill
- $106,234.42 + super
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to provide safe and reliable High Voltage operations, in Projects and Maintenance with expertise in the management of water, recycled water, wastewater & or stormwater systems to achieve customer, share holder and regulator requirements within a team environment.
The HV Service Delivery Officer role will focus on safety and delivery of High Voltage services to Sydney Water Treatment and Networks facilities.
Systems – To ensure efficient delivery of Sydney Waters services through water, recycled water, wastewater &/or stormwater services to customers by setting the operating parameters at a local level, supervising the operation of the HV Network and monitoring as appropriate.
Assets (All HV and LV Electrical Systems and/or natural Assets) – To ensure that the operating units and network components of the Electrical Network System are maintained to achieve their designer capability at a specified standard of reliability and availability.
Product – To ensure efficient management of product related programs and key business activities. Provide technical expertise in High Voltage and Low Voltage services processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Audits of installations, compliance to work practises to ensure compliance to current standards are met or exceeded.
- Investigation of electrical and high voltage related incidents.
- Management of the Supply Authority interaction for High Voltage sites (e.g. technical information and outages).
- Identification of HV projects for inclusion in OPEX & CAPEX programs 1-2 year and input to 5 year plans. The solutions should be delivered as a part of Opex/Capex however major changes or improvements should be identified and passed on to PAM/SaAS.
- Ensure all HV projects are supported, attend meetings with project teams and managers to ensure operational safety is complied with in design and construction.
- Preparation of HV Switching Instructions, including writing and verification, and scheduling of preventive maintenance and associated strategies on all newly created or modified assets. Update Maximo/PMO for minor works.
- Provide technical assistance to the operations and maintenance teams as required.
- Provide input into the maintenance strategy for high voltage assets.
- Monitor HV and LV asset performance and analyse maintenance data and provide actionable outcomes to improve safety, efficiency and delivery of services to our customers.
- A tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering / Projects or an Electrical Trade with 10 Year experience minimum in HV Electrical operations, maintenance and project renewals experience. It is an advantage to have experience in the Water Treatment and supply Industry.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in HV electrical Operations for the delivery of water &/or recycled water &/or stormwater &/or wastewater product and services.
- Developed problem solving, lateral thinking, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with a safety mindset.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: April 08, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.