- Manage a centralised integrated Project Controls team
- Communicate elements of the project controls program to all levels of management.
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
To enable this growth, we are commencing one of Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S).
Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through P4S. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
Long term stability brings a pathway for future talent to join the team. Promoting partnerships across the value chain aims to build an environment where change and innovation can thrive, in a safe, open, inclusive and diverse workplace. Our commercial agreements are adapting to support this change. In an Australian first, Sydney Water is adopting the NEC4 form of contract. This suite of contracts brings plain English and a collaborative way of working right up front in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and consultants. Particularly for project and maintenance works, this is a new way of working and doing business for Sydney Water and the supply chain.
We are building a legacy for the future. There is no better time than now to join Sydney Water!
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Controls Manager to join Sydney Water and manage the Project Controls discipline across infrastructure business. The role will manage the Project Controls functions across regionally dispersed and integrated teams to support the delivery of projects and maintenance tasks across Planning, Program Delivery, Customer Delivery and Major Projects to ensure the efficient and effective monitoring and management of Capital and Operational works.
- Engage staff to understand Sydney Water’s corporate strategy and direction, role modelling SW values and behaviours to create a positive and productive working environment
- Assure the overall integrity and coherence of the Project Controls Function, “One Version of the Truth” ethos is established and maintained, and all information flow is transparent at all levels.
- Be responsible for Project Controls standards and methods, ensuring processes and templates are maintained in line with international industry best practice.
- Ensure the Project Controls function provide high quality, evaluative thinking and evidence informed analysis and advice to key stakeholders
- Own and continually improving the terms of reference for the Project Controls Function.
- Contribute to the leadership of the Partnering for Success (P4S) Framework, supporting the implementation of effective delivery and fit for purpose/ best practice initiatives.
You will have the leadership skills, knowledge and experience to take own the outcomes of progress , performance and productivity through proper regionally engagement, yet centre led, Project Controls (Cost , Schedule , Risk and Estimating) team. As a confident communicator, you are a natural influencer who knows what it takes to make a team perform, developing and leveraging relationships across a broad internal and external stakeholder network. Keeping safety, public health, and environment at the front of mind will be an inherent leadership trait. You will be known for an involvement in the Project Controls professional community, keeping future-based thinking part of your operational improvement desire.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have:
- 15+ years’ experience in Project Controls
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Engineering or Construction
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale, complex projects.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills, including presentation skills
- Large infrastructure project experience
- NEC3 or NEC4 project experience desirable
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.