- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- EA 7, Full-time Permanent role located at our Headquarters at Parramatta
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this position of Development Consultant you will work with government and industry stakeholders to identify trends in urban growth to enable us to develop future asset and investment plans. You will also support customer processes for development including managing external service providers to ensure business requirements are understood and delivered.
Your responsibilities are:
- Manage applications utilising our unique end to end case management process.
- Review all applications and advise customers on Sydney Water requirements
- Apply Sydney Water standards and process to assist our customers and comply with regulatory requirements
- Collate and analyse information from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify process improvement opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. urban planning, Project Management methodologies) or Experience in working within a development or planning framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate, and work under pressure to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people
- Demonstrated experience in application assessment or planning
- Understanding of the business systems required to manage commercial activities
- General understanding of urban development processes
- General understanding of risk management and coordination
Closing date: 14 July, 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
While the role is located at our Head Office in Parramatta, Sydney Water supports a flexible work pattern.