- Be part of a challenging and game changing project
- $110,708 base salary + super
- Permanent position - Parramatta location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Procurement Systems Specialist is key in the contribution of Procurement Effectiveness by shaping and delivering Procurement systems strategy. In this role you will deliver scalable solutions through optimisation, simplification and by leveraging technology and automation.
Reporting into the Procurement Reporting Specialist, this role will manage the delivery of systems training across multiple stakeholder groups.
On a day to day basis you will:
· Provide support to the implementation and management of Procurement systems
· Engage stakeholders to enable and promote the use of Procurement systems
· Review processes to improve performance through systems automation and better end-to-end alignment
· Interpret and understand business requirements and work closely with Digital Services and Finance Systems to develop system related enhancements for process improvement
· Manage the building of training materials and delivery of ongoing systems training across the business, and with suppliers
· Develop effective new systems implementation process to ensure a smooth transition process and benefits delivery
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex system related issues that have been escalated from Finance Systems to ensuring minimal or no disruption is incurred by the business
As a successful applicant, you will demonstrate:
· Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Procurement, Information Technology, Finance, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
· Extensive knowledge of procurement systems, and major ERP systems such as Ariba, SAP S4 Hana.
· 4+ years’ experience working in procurement systems improvement in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
· Experience in delivering measurable system and process improvements in Ariba
· Demonstrated experience in master data management
· Ability to lead systems, data and process changes and to leverage knowledge and experience of Procurement systems, process and data to drive organisational innovation and enhanced business outcomes
· Applies current knowledge of emerging technologies in Procurement systems to provide improvements to systems or transactional processes
· Customer centric with ability to take solution-focus approach
Closing date: 19 April 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.