- Identify industry best practice for efficient Asset Management across critical customer service infrastructure
- Develop and deliver innovative strategic artefacts that set the direction to manage Sydney Water’s water related assets
- Parramatta location, hybrid/flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and wastewater services to protect our beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Asset and Systems Management, this position is key to developing and setting strategic direction for management of water related asset classes using Asset Management and business-related process, ensuring the efficient delivery of quality water, wastewater, recycled water and stormwater services to customers and protection of the environment.
The role is part of a dynamic team working to establish solutions for interrelated water issues important to our customers and stakeholders, and works to manage infrastructure risks across the many systems in our area of operation, from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to the Illawarra. The area of work has high visibility of Sydney Water activities and is well placed to identify and enact on improvement opportunities.
- Develop strategic related Asset Management artefacts for Sydney Water relating to the relevant product portfolio.
- Co-create integrated strategies and management plans that deliver customer focused commercial outcomes for Sydney Water ensuring trade-offs are considered for cost, risk and asset lifecycle performance.
- Contribute to development and implementation of Management System Frameworks across the organisation,
- Define and review the long-, medium- and short-term strategic outcomes delivered through Policy, Position Statements, Strategic Plans and Specifications for the relevant portfolio, to determine gaps and proactive solutions
- Participate in Risk Assessments to ensure key issues and opportunities are identified and managed through appropriate strategies.
- Monitor, evaluate and report the performance, effectiveness, and benefits realisation against the Strategic Management Plan mandatory and desired outcomes.
- Develop the 5-year strategic improvement plans; understands the requirements and performance of integrated assets across systems, and adjusts strategy to ensure requirements are being met.
Preferably coming from an asset-intensive industry background you will have an understanding of Asset Management and the ability to provide a clear line of sight from asset infrastructure right through to customer experience.
The role requires a high level of collaboration across the business, being able to deep-dive to understand operational performance and challenges and customer experience through strategic thinking to provide direction via Asset Class Strategies, Integrated Issue Management Plans and Decision Frameworks. Well-developed interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills, are essential.
The role also requires lateral thinking and working with Sydney Water’s Research and Innovation team to develop new tools to overcome challenges in condition assessment capability and early detection of asset risk.
You should have demonstrated professional experience in managing customer service assets including linear transport assets, network and/or treatment facilities and associated structures, and a collaborative mindset that seeks to understand and works with others to prioritise focus areas and implements improvement.
You will have:
- Degree qualifications in Engineering, Science, Business or a related discipline, or experience deemed equivalent.
- Experience across relevant products/asset classes and integrated water cycle management
- Demonstrated skills in risk management, financial and economic analysis and using/developing related tools in decision making
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interrogate and present data to provide supporting evidence for decisions.
- Experience in developing asset plans
- Interest and capability in developing innovative solutions to overcome complex challenges in the water industry.
Closing date: Closing date: 24th June 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.