- Permanent full time opportunity offering a competitive salary package
- Multiple positions across Sydney based out of Parramatta and Homebush
- Drive the delivery of the procurement and contractual aspects for Water and Wastewater projects
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
About the role:
To enable this growth, we are commencing Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S)
Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through 10-year collaborative P4S program. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
Long term stability brings a pathway for future talent to join the team. Promoting partnerships across the value chain aims to build an environment where change and innovation can thrive, in a safe, open, inclusive and diverse workplace. Our commercial agreements are adapting to support this change.
In an Australian first, Sydney Water is adopting the NEC4 form of contract. This suite of contracts brings plain English and a collaborative way of working right up front in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and consultants. Particularly for project and maintenance works, this is a new way of working and doing business for Sydney Water and the supply chain.
We are building a legacy for the future. There is no better time than now to join Sydney Water!
Reporting to the Portfolio Procurement Manager, you will play a key role in driving the delivery of the procurement and contractual aspects for Water and Wastewater projects ensuring that all relevant stakeholder relationships are at a high standard. . You will also oversee the development and management of contracts and suppliers to ensure the best value in its goods and services . The skills and experience required align with an experienced Construction Project Manager / Building and Construction Manager.
Key accountabilities pertaining to this role are;
- Work closely with Area Delivery Managers and Project Managers and be the Point of contact for all commercial and contractual matters
- Complete aspect of supplier relationship including contract re-negotiations, pricing and performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matters, and recommendations for contract review.
- Provide strategies for dealing with contractual issues and variations, and consult with the business, Legal, and other relevant parties to prepare the necessary documentation
- Identify, record and escalate contract risks and issues in risk register
- Provide support as required to Business Unit on performance reports and KPI reporting
- Develop team members to improve skills and performance to achieve outcomes and grow our organisational capability
You will also bring:
- Significant experience working in Contract Management in a large complex organisation, preferable in a Infrastructure, Construction and/or MRO environment
- Extensive experience with incentivised target cost projects is essential
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business to support commercial negotiations and manage NEC contracts across the lifecycle
- Sound understanding of contract development, supplier management and contract metrics reporting
- Strong understanding of the commercial and legal issues impacting upon the delivery of projects
- Excellent commercial management skills including interpreting and applying contract terms and legislation provisions
- Tertiary education in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Legal
Applications will close on Thursday 14th October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must have rights to work in Australia at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.