Project Manager, Program Delivery
- Manage the delivery of predominantly medium risk/complexity projects to plan
- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Full-time permanent role located at one of our three Regional Delivery Team locations
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of the position is to successfully manage the delivery of predominantly medium risk/complexity projects to plan, within the Regional Annual Integrated Works Program. The Program includes capital works, maintenance and facilities management services, tactical renewal and minor works projects. The position facilitates collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams in Sydney Water and the Regional Delivery Consortium to ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency in project delivery, cost and risk management across all assigned projects within and across asset classes. The position contributes to the development of the Annual Integrated Works Program, and continuously challenges and identifies ways to improve the delivery of projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Manage the successful delivery of predominantly medium risk/ complexity projects within the region from initiation through to close out and handover in accordance with NEC4 processes and within the Program Delivery project delivery framework.
- Seek to mentor Assistant Project Managers managing low risk/complexity projects, within the team, as required, providing support and leadership to enable the effective delivery of projects from project initiation through to hand over and close out.
- Ensure Project Plans include clear targets, objectives, Key Performance Indicators, scope of work and deliverables which reflect the agreement between Sydney Water and the Regional Delivery Consortium.
- Prepare Business Cases to meet client expectations, including options identification, analysis and recommendation.
- Ensure project schedules are developed, updated, monitored and managed in line with the business case expectations, for all phases of the project, and that project schedule milestones are defined, measured, managed and met.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project status, including Key Performance Indicators, cost, schedule, risk etc against the Project Management Plan.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant or related field or experience deemed equivalent
- Project management experience is beneficial
- Communicates with impact to drive team performance and influence stakeholders, building strong and wide networks.
- Takes responsibility for important decisions in a timely manner, considering all relevant data and information, and taking feedback from relevant parties.
- Minimum 8+ years industry experience, including in:
- Working within and leading large, multi-disciplinary integrated teams and/or alliances
- Design and construction project delivery within the infrastructure/utilities sectors
- NEC contract management and administration
-Managing complex stakeholders
-Program management and/or regional delivery of multiple investment programs delivery via a range of contracting models
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 23 September, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.