Delivery Manager – Major Projects
- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Permanent role
- Parramatta Location or other areas of operation.
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Major Projects, this role will provide delivery management oversight, strategic advice and related services to the Major Projects portfolio, in order to drive successful delivery strategies and aligned procurement approaches, work packaging and programming, delivery decision making and value of money across they Sydney Water Major Projects Infrastructure Investment Program.
This role will provide leadership, management and assurance of infrastructure delivery expertise including cost estimation, risk management, construction management, safety management, scheduling, work packaging, and identifying and addressing design, construction and operating risks and compliance issues across the program lifecycle, in order to support an optimal program outcomes. The position leads and facilitates collaborative working between Sydney Water and ours supply chain to deliver complex programs of Work.
- You are a safety champion, understand and have experience in risk assessment and management.
- You must have extensive experience delivering major projects worth $200+ millions, ideally in the water and wastewater space and/or utilities.
- You have successfully developed and delivered major government and community infrastructure projects.
- Advanced Construction, Program and Project Management skills and a relevant degree (e.g Science, Infrastructure Investment, Construction Management, Engineering, Environment, Commerce) or experience deemed equivalent.
- You have solid and successful 15+ years’ work experience in program management and/or delivery of multiple large investment programs.
- You have led large, multi-disciplinary integrated teams and/or alliances with the extensive experience in planning, design and/or construction delivery within the infrastructure/utilities sectors.
- Your experience in contact management in a range contracting and delivery models is second to none.
The type of leaders and people we look for
- Solution focused with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge others’ strengths and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand the impact and how it contributes to the cooperate strategy of the organisation.
Application closes: 9 November 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.