- Manage the program to deliver our regulatory submission to secure our funding for 2025-2030
- Based out of Parramatta offering flexible hybrid work options
- Full time Permanent opportunity with a competitive salary package!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
Sydney Water has been in business for more than 130 years, but that doesn’t mean we’re complacent. We know we must keep building a business that is able to respond quickly when faced by new challenges. We’re constantly working to improve our service, and to innovate and invest in new technologies to delight our customers and protect our future.
Join us and help innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities.
About the role:
In 2024 Sydney Water needs to deliver a business plan setting out the outcomes we will deliver for our customers and the funding we need to deliver those outcomes. Bringing this plan together to deliver on time and to the required quality requires outstanding program management skills.
Reporting to the General Manager, Finance and Business Performance and working closely alongside the Head of Economics and Regulation, this newly created role will be essential to delivering Sydney Water’s vision and strategy with world-class water services.
This role is to create and manage the plan needed to deliver all workstreams; to build relationships with the teams to build confidence in delivery; and to identify and resolve any project management challenges that arise during the program.
Key accountabilities pertaining to this role are;
- Working with senior colleagues to manage the successful delivery of Sydney Water’s submission to IPART in 2024 and the review process itself in 2025.
- Lead all program management, working with the Head of Economics & Regulation and other senior leaders to ensure that key deliverables are managed to delivery, on schedule and to a high quality.
- Ensure program and project and governance schedules are developed, updated, monitored, and managed in line with program expectations, for all phases of the project, and that schedule milestones are defined, measured, managed and met.
- Consolidation of multiple workstreams into a program with clarity of objectives and outcome.
As a successful applicant you will also bring:
- Undergraduate Degree in Project Management, Business Management or a relevant or related field, or experience deemed equivalent
- Contemporary program and project management skills, including strong planning with an ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines; manage dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues; and instil stakeholder confidence.
- Proactive stakeholder management and leadership skills, demonstrating ability to maintain effective relationships, clarify objectives, ensure project is aligned to business goals, and ensure results are secured to agreed standards and timelines.
- Experience in delivering complex, high-profile projects; understanding of the alignment between commercial, social, environmental, and regulatory objectives.
Applications Close: Sunday 26th June 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.