- Perform routine and non-routine collection and analyses of samples from a variety of environments
- Great challenging permanent opportunity
- West Ryde
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Perform routine, non-routine and complex collection and field analyses of samples from a variety of environments, using a range of equipment to meet customer quality and time expectations and regulatory and operational requirements.
Help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities by
- Operate complex scientific instrumentation, in various Field/laboratory environments
- Maintain, perform basic services to, and trouble shoot field instruments
- Interpret and assess quality control data and results
- Demonstrate understanding of the quality system and quality requirements
- Provide guidance in areas of quality and safety and provide relevant training
- Work cooperatively with team members to ensure customer requirements are met and operations are efficient
- Identify and report potential opportunities to optimise assets, equipment, systems and processes
- Undertake problem solving and troubleshooting in the field or within the laboratory and assist team members with problem resolution
- Carry out internal audits as required and in accordance with training provided
- Provide knowledge of and compliance to NATA accreditation requirements
- Demonstrate continued willingness to cross train and be amenable to rotation through all areas of Laboratory Services, as appropriate
- Work safely, undertake risk assessments and report hazards and incidents
- Demonstrate technical competence to the degree required to be an approved signatory/authorise results
To be successful in this role you have experience working independently in a field or lab environment under quality accredited conditions, in a relevant discipline.
- Degree in Chemical Science or a related discipline and equivalent working experience
- Awareness of safety requirements related to the role and ability to demonstrate personal responsibility for safety
- Ability to carry out investigations pertaining to monitoring and control within a variety of water environments
- Experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting field and/or laboratory equipment under quality accreditation conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance requirements relevant to the position
- Knowledge of the chemical process within a variety of water environments
- Demonstrated competence with computer software packages used within a laboratory or field sampling environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail and experience with trouble shooting.
- Critical analysis and decision making, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Maintain appropriate fitness to safely perform the requirements of the role
- Answer the questionnaire attached
- Attach a copy your most up to date CV
Please note, you can only attach two documents when applying.
Please Note – “This recruitment process will be used to fill vacancies at West Ryde laboratory and to create a reserve list for vacancies likely to arise over the next 1 year. Candidate will be placed on Level 3 or Level 2 or Level 1 role basis past experience & performance in interview”
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.