- Drive continuous improvement outcomes
- Full time, 12 month term role based in Parramatta
- Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Are you passionate about improving resilience, engaging with stakeholders and continuous improvement?
The Resilience and Climate Change Adaptation team is responsible for ensuring that Sydney Water anticipates and prepares for short term shocks and long-term challenges. Our team leads the portfolios for Emergency Management, Investigations and Lessons Learnt, Water Conservation, Drought Response Plan and Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation.
The Resilience & Climate Change Adaptation Analyst will support the portfolio of investigating the root cause of emergency and crisis incidents. The successful candidate will apply their expertise in continuous improvement, frameworks, data analytics and stakeholder engagement to review current processes with a view to drive standardisation, improvement in data integrity and reporting and monitoring capability.
Working on this portfolio you will:
- Implement processes for deep dive root cause analysis on emergency and crisis incidents;
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholder groups to identify root causes;
- Work with key stakeholders to identify lessons, ensuring they are understood and can be actioned to prevent incidents from occurring in the future;
- Analyse data to prepare insightful reports and dashboards and communicate your findings to cross functional teams;
- Develop and maintain framework documentation, including procedures, work instructions and templates;
- Capture and review ‘as is’ processes to support continuous improvement of the process landscape;
- Support the delivery of a new digital platform to record and report on incidents, lessons and actions; and
- Collate data for compliance and reporting purposes.
You are solution-focused with strong analytical and stakeholder engagement skills. You will have a keen interest in improving organisational resilience and meeting the challenges of climate change. This position will suit a team member that has a background in resilience, incident management and/or business improvement with experience supporting project delivery or continuous improvement outcomes.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Approximately 5 years of experience coordinating improvement projects within a large organisation;
- Relevant degree qualification in a relevant field (Business Management, Organisational Resilience, Science, Engineering);
- Strong understanding of incident and investigation methodology and practices;
- Strong organisational and analytical skills and the ability to use information and data in decision making;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence;
- An ability to work well within a multi-disciplined team, be people oriented and responsive business requests;
- Ability to understand the context of stakeholders and facilitate strong collaborative and productive relationships;
- Use of continuous improvement and collaborative problem solving techniques to dive improved outcomes; and
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, ICAMS or certification in similar methodologies would be advantageous.
Closing date: 25 January 2022
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.