- Work closely with the business to design and support reporting and dashboards for teams across Sydney Water
- Work with stakeholders to identify standardised and automated reporting opportunities
- Great benefits and competitive base salary $112,966.64, Parramatta location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As part of the Support Services team, this role will see you design, develop, implement and support the generation of business reports and dashboards for teams and partners across Sydney Water.
Utilising existing business intelligence tools, you will drive greater efficiency and standardisation in report generation at Sydney Water.
Your key accountabilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Work with department stakeholders to understand their business and data ranges being produced.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Provide guidance, support and training to teams in order to generate standard and customised reports for stakeholders.
- Review reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution, and purpose or function of report.
- Prepare and issue instructions concerning generation, completion, and distribution of reports.
- Design, build, and implement new report formats and layouts on a customised basis.
- Work with data from a range of corporate and business systems in order to produce standardised and customised reports.
- Generate information and insights from data sets and identify trends and patterns.
This role will suit someone who is a self-starter with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, and who can demonstrate a solid background in developing business reports.
You will have experience in creating and leveraging dashboard reporting and have the ability to get buy-in from stakeholders to support and understand the organisations requirements for reporting purposes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Graduate degree or diploma in business, analytics, knowledge management or a related discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent.
- 7 + years’ experience in analytics, reporting and report development.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with multiple stakeholders across a number of departments such as Finance, Procurement and Human Resources.
- Strong communication & consulting skills, i.e. engaging stakeholders, understanding needs, articulating scope, facilitating through data literacy effectively to ensure outcomes, measure impacts/results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions in a shared business centre environment.
- Ability to develop complex/standardised reports with a strong focus on data visualisation through the use of charts, maps, scorecards and interactive dashboards.
- Experience in Power BI, including integrating data sources & gateways.
Application Closing date: Wednesday 1st June 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.