- Delivery of major projects, civil and environmental support contract services whilst leading environmental improvement initiatives
- Role model Sydney Water values and behaviours and create a constructive and supportive working environment.
- Competitive remuneration package located at Potts Hill
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Specialised Services the purpose of this position is to deliver a range of civil and environmental work programs using a mix of resources including internal crews, contractors and body hire over a range of products offered by Specialised Services.
You will be dealing with complex and high customer impacting asset construction and major periodic maintenance (MPM) works that attract strong public, regulatory and media interest.
- Be accountable for delivery of one or more management portfolios, working collaboratively across the whole business to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Oversee all contract service provision aspects of environmental performance for Customer Delivery.
- Lead in Post Evaluation Reviews of specific projects to ensure continual improvement
- Ensure effective project management. Deliver projects safely, on time, to scope, to budget.
- Monitor progress against estimates. Continually review estimates to improve accuracy.
- develop and lead a team of project coordinators and contract officers as part of a geographically dispersed 24/7 workforce while ensuring customer, safety and efficiency outcomes
- Provide strategic insights and build team capability to achieve excellence on the direction of major projects and environmental support and improvement initiatives within Sydney Water
This role will require previous experience in operational contract management, suitable to a team member who is well experienced in project management, incident prevention and safety controls with extensive stakeholder engagement. The ideal person we are seeking has the following skills and qualifications who can readily step into the position:
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Structural or Civil Engineering, Project Management, Environmental Science or Management, Environmental Law) and Business Management qualifications
- Proven track record in leading high performing teams
- Proven experience in managing compliance against Environmental Protection Licence; including thorough knowledge of licence conditions.
- Knowledge of water industry trends in major projects and environment.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in a 24/7 utility operations and projects environment
- Experience in Quality Management Systems
- Proven experience in working with process partners and service providers to achieve common goals, identify potential risks and recommend remedial actions.
- Ability to support 24/7 incidents and asset failures rated significant to major.
Closing date: Tuesday 15th June 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.