- Be part of a high performing Category Management team
- Leverage your procurement experience to contribute to the development of category strategies, lead interesting source-to- contract activities, and provide insight driven analytics capability
- Develop your skillset in Procurement Category Management career pathway
- Potts Hill location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Finance & Business Performance Group is continuing to create capability uplifts both within our Procurement team and across the wider organisation which will increase our ability to deliver standardised and simplified processes, leverage knowledge and expertise within the organisation, provide deep insights to enable the business to make more informed decisions, while providing expertise in specific business areas that create business value.
Reporting into the Portfolio Category Manager, and working closely on a day to day basis with the Category Manager, you will manage sub-category and business unit specific planning, sourcing and contract lifecycle activities that are aligned to Category Strategies and the requirements of the business.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with the development, implementation and management of enterprise wide category and contract strategies for a defined portfolio of sub-categories
- Drafting and reviewing key market documents before distribution to stakeholders such as evaluation plans, returnable schedules
- Working with business stakeholders to gather technical specifications, and scopes of service
- Providing support to pricing reviews and contract re-negotiation, attending or leading scheduled performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matters and incidents
- Ensuring sourcing activities and related data are captured and managed in the required systems, for the purposes of tracking benefits and status of projects
- Analysing all internal and external procurement information to effectively develop supply base strategies for procurement projects to support Sydney Water’s operations.
This role has a very strong focus on executing category plans and leading and managing sourcing activities including planning, project management of sourcing process, negotiation planning and execution, and overall delivery of go-to-market activities. The role will require someone with strong demonstrated experience in;
- Leading and managing medium-to-high complexity source to contract activities,
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Negotiation planning, management and execution skills
- Managing and negotiating commercial aspects of legal contracts
- Leading and managing multiple project priorities simultaneously through active prioritisation.
- Procurement analytics and driving insights from spend data
Category Management Support
- Supplier market research and ability to assist Category Managers with meaningful insights on categories through market research activities.
- Procurement analytics and being able to analyse and extract insights from datasets (such as spend data, market data) and support the category management process
- Articulating and applying procurement concepts and tools to support Category management
- Using MS Excel to extract insights
- Using MS PowerPoint to present and communicate insights
You must also be a self-starter who is self-motivated and driven to deliver results and manage allocated projects to deliver agreed outcomes.
You will have:
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Finance, Business, Supply Chain) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional procurement qualification (e.g. MCIPS) – Preferred but not essential
- 5+ years’ experience working in category management or procurement operations in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Experience in partnering with the business to lead sourcing projects, commercial negotiations and manage contracts across the lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge in understanding strategic sourcing, contract developments, supplier management and procurement metrics reporting.
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Good Interpersonal communication skills
Closing date: Monday 3rd May 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.