- Job no: 3HEFY
- Category: Finance & Business Performance
- Work closely with Digital and Business Process Owners to monitor day-to-day operation of processes and systems
- Offering 24-month Max Term Opportunity!
- Based out of Parramatta with flexible work options
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Business Analyst is responsible for driving continual improvements in analytics and reporting for the business out of SAP S/4 HANA, VIM and Concur systems. You will produce specialist business analysis support to the ongoing improvement of Accounts Payable, Procurement and Supply Chain.
Reporting to the Manager Systems Improvement and Support, this position will see you ensuring positive and collaborative relationships with Business Process Owners, Digital teams and end-users, resolving competing priorities and requirements in the best interests of SWC.
- Work with business stakeholders to define problems that will be solved with analytics and reporting.
- Assess requirements to ensure they improve productivity, quality of services and reduce costs.
- Conduct Data & Analytics workshops with business and support business queries relating to solution.
- Analyse data to draw business-relevant conclusions in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Assist with the delivery of the Data & Analytics continuous improvement programs by partnering with OCM team.
- Perform testing and co-ordinate UAT testing of Analytical models and Dashboards effectiveness.
- Conduct sessions for BI self-service for Power User Community and SMEs.
- Provide inputs into UI wire frames and participate in the design and development of new dashboards.
- Provide fit gap assessment of Analytical dashboards across Finance, EPPM, Supply chain and Procurement.
- Prepare Business Requirement Document, review functional & technical specifications.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on trends, analysis, audits, results, and appropriate commentary.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have 4+ years’ experience working as a SAP business analyst in a large complex organisation requiring you to research and investigate; and experience working with SAP Data Warehouse, reporting and analytics/advanced. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant business degree or tertiary qualifications and / or demonstrated business and IT experience deemed equivalent.
- Expert knowledge in business analysis including the end-to-end management of change and problem requests and driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and effectively to business managers in language and concepts they can understood.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced communicator and negotiator who can influence outcomes.
- Experience working with SAP Data Warehouse, reporting and analytics/advanced analytics.
- Proficient with SAP S4 data domains - Finance, EPPM, Supply chain, Procurement.
- Good Understanding for User Experience fundamentals.
- Exposure to cloud technologies/SaaS platforms.
Closing date: Sunday 14 August 2022
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 4 days ago - 14 Aug 2022