- Job no: XNBM6
- Category: Finance & Business Performance, Major Projects
- Manage contracts on large-scale, complex infrastructure programme of works
- Engage with multiple business units to ensure the successful delivery of Major Projects
- Parramatta and site office location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program. You can view further information on Sydney Water's Major Projects 2021 - 2026 via this link.
Reporting to the Major Projects Contract Manager, key to this role is your ability to:
- Administer NEC4 contracts with our supply chain (Manage monthly payment claims in accordance with SOPA, assess variations including extension of time, facilitate early warning meetings, review monthly programme submissions, etc.)
- Manage monthly reporting for allocated Major Projects
- Identify, record, and escalate contract risks and issues in risk register
- Provide support as required on supply chain performance reports and KPI reporting
- Provide strategies for dealing with contractual issues and variations as they are raised, consulting with your manager to prepare the necessary documentation
- Ensure compliance with the Contract Management Manual
- Oversee and resolve contractor issues as required
- Ensure good contract hygiene and contract close out
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes.
This role will see you work closely with the Sydney Water Major Projects team and broader business to ensure that Major Projects deliver their intended benefits while adhering to compliance and governance requirements.
You will have prior experience as either a Contract Administrator, Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Officer, or Procurement Officer in high-value, complex infrastructure construction programmes, and have demonstrated experience in contract operations, contract variations and administration, and overall contract governance. You enjoy working in a team environment and sharing your expertise with your colleagues. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to analyse information and identify potential risks and issues.
You must have:
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Construction Law, or Engineering) or experience deemed equivalent
- 7+ years’ contract and commercial management experience on large construction and infrastructure projects. preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Relevant work experience for Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractors in addition to client side
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business in effective contract and commercial management
- High level of interpersonal and effective communication skills to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Desired but not essential:
- Professional MRICS or equivalent qualification
- NEC3 or NEC4 experience
Application closing date: Friday 19th August 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closes in 12 hours - 19 Aug 2022
- Published on 04 Aug 2022, 7:21 AM