- Provide support to procurement systems users to ensure smooth day-to-day business operations
- Full time permanent opportunity with a competitive base salary $112,966.64 plus super!
- Based out of Parramatta offering flexible work options!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
Reporting to the Procurement Systems Enablement Lead, the Procurement Systems Specialist will contribute to the delivery, maintenance and support of procurement technologies and information systems that enable procurement processes and business success ensuring technological capabilities evolve with Sydney Water
- Provide expert advice and system support to Procurement Systems users, both internal and external, to ensure effective and consistent use of procurement systems
- Prepare advice, discussion papers, briefs and submissions relating to Procurement Systems risks and opportunities to enable continuous improvement of policy compliance, processes, data integrity and user-experience
- Assist in delivering enhancements to Procurement Systems to ensure they are implemented successfully without negative impact to existing functionality
- Taking internal stakeholders and suppliers through the journey towards a fully digitalised procurement function requiring effective communication and interpersonal skills to resolve a wide array of challenges beyond technological but also process, data and behavioural.
This role will best suit a team member with a background in systems troubleshooting, a positive disposition and eagerness to provide training support allowing you to work closely with your stakeholders.
As someone who understands upstream and downstream procurement processes, related master data and change management, you enjoy a role that allows a broad scope of your weekly tasks and daily initiatives.
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement (CIPS), Business, Engineering or Information Technology
- Extensive experience in issue diagnosis and troubleshooting of Procurement Systems (SAP Ariba and SAP S/4 Hana or similar) to resolve highly complex and integrated issues either via workaround or permanent fix
- Experience in coordinating escalated issues and keeping impacted users informed of resolution status through effective written and verbal communication
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in administering Procurement-relevant data – suppliers, materials, services, contracts/catalogues
- Sound knowledge and understanding of upstream and downstream procurement processes (Supplier Management, Procurement Category Management, Source-to-Contract, Contract Management, and Purchasing)
Application Closing Date: Midnight Tuesday 28th June 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.