- Job no: HYT8B
- Category: Asset Lifecycle, Major Project Delivery
- Environmental Lead - 2 positions available
- Provide expert environment advice to project teams to drive environmental and sustainability performance and compliance of Major Projects
- Permanent role; Paramatta location; flexible / hybrid work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Major Projects team has been established to meet the needs of the organisation’s ever-expanding infrastructure delivery requirements, delivering large-scale, complex water and wastewater capital works projects across Greater Sydney.
The Environmental Lead will be accountable for assurance of the environmental and sustainability aspects of assigned major projects through the delivery phase of the project lifecycle. They will implement and ensure consistency, accuracy, and efficiency across Sydney Water’s Environmental Management system within Major Projects, and provide environmental advice and leadership to multi-disciplinary teams. The Environmental Lead will also work closely with our Delivery Partners to ensure compliance, project KPIs, and goal expectations are met.
- Providing environmental professional, technical and specialist advice.
- Liaising with relevant authorities in respect to Environmental issues.
- Assisting in the implementation of the Sydney Water Environmental Management system, policies and procedures.
- Identifying, developing and delivering environmental training awareness and educational programs.
- Implementing appropriate statistical methodologies and environment tools to monitor and improve project and business performance
- Providing environmental advice on procurement strategies and review tender submissions.
- Analysing and report on environmental compliance and performance of major projects
- Conducting site inspections and internal audits ensuring OFI and /or non-conformances are understood and corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Conducting surveillance of projects according to the environmental risk profile and project CEMP and Environmental Work Method Statements.
- Participating in PIRs, (Post Evaluation Reviews, Lessons Learnt Review and Benefits Realisation Reviews) of specific projects to ensure continual improvement.
You are a champion for environmental matters with a desire to protect the environment and improve waterway health. You will have prior experience providing environmental advice on large capital infrastructure construction projects. You have a collaborative nature and excellent communications skills, engaging with multiple stakeholder groups to facilitate the delivery of large projects while ensuring these projects have minimal environmental impact and leave a lasting legacy.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Environment Engineering or related field, or experience deemed equivalent 7-10 years’ work experience in a similar role within a similar industry
- Auditing qualifications desired
- Exposure to working with field-based teams to implement management systems and achieve goals
- Exposure to construction projects
- Current knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Exposure to State Significant Infrastructure projects is highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to develop and embed improvements in work methods across a program of works
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd August 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closes in 4 days - 23 Aug 2022
- Published on 02 Aug 2022, 6:23 AM