- Responsible for the delivery of a range of Civil Construction projects and services including 24/7 network repairs and waste water services
- Role model Sydney Water values and behaviours and create a constructive and supportive working environment.
- Located Potts Hills with travel across Sydney Water projects!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Specialised Services the purpose of this position is to deliver a range of Civil Construction projects and services including 24/7 network repairs and waste water services, in a complex, fast paced environment. Manage a mix of resources consisting of day labour, contractors, consultants, and internal crews over a range of products offered by Specialised Services.
You will be dealing with complex and high customer impacting asset construction and major periodic maintenance (MPM) works that attract strong public, regulatory and media interest.
- Provide strategic insights and build capability to achieve excellence on the direction of wastewater and recycled water, stormwater products and services within Sydney Water
- Measure and evaluate the group’s performance, develop and implement improvements using insights from across all industry sectors to achieve and maintain best practise over time
- Develop and lead a team of contract officers and project coordinators in the delivery of complex water, sewer, recycled water and stormwater maintenance and construction services at lowest lifecycle cost. Ensure customer, quality and environmental standards are met at all times.
- Develop estimates for all projects. Manage the operations of the Project and Contract Delivery Team within budget, taking action as required to mitigate any cost over runs.
- Build relationships with key internal and external customers to develop opportunities for value adding minor capital works projects.
This role will suit a team member with a civil construction or contract management background, working in a fast paced, complex environment. You will have previous experience in incident prevention and safety controls with extensive stakeholder engagement. The ideal person we are seeking has the following skills and qualifications who can readily step into the position:
- Degree qualifications in Structural or Civil Engineering and Business Management qualifications
- Proven track record in leading high performing teams
- Knowledge of water industry trends in wastewater and recycled water systems.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in a 24/7 utility operations and maintenance/asset renewal environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex customer/regulator/stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in Quality Management Systems
- Ability to support 24/7 incident and site asset failures rated significant to major.
Closing date: Tuesday 15th June 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.