- Integrate risk management in the business
- Coach and mentor staff including senior managers on the importance of risk informed decision making
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence at all levels
- Permanent, Location, Parramatta
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities as our Senior Enterprise Risk Advisor. In this role, you will be engaging with internal stakeholders to enable them to apply risk management in decision making and planning.
You will ensure risk management maturity is improved and sustained in the business. You will be required to:
- Analyse and develop Sydney Water’s enterprise risk profile
- Coach and mentor staff to uplift risk management capability
- Integrate risk management into key business processes including project risk management
- Conduct risk workshops and provide risk support for enterprise change programs
With your strong experience in understanding and implementation of enterprise risk management you will provide fit for purpose advice in management of public health, safety, environment, reputation, compliance, finance, customer and performance related risks for the business areas. You will also demonstrate:
- Qualifications in risk, strategy or planning, business improvement, assurance management or similar experience, relevant to the role.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role for a large organisation.
- Recent, relevant experience in implementing risk management in strategy, planning and portfolio / project management
- Ability to influence and coach decision makers to adopt risk management practices by demonstrating how risk management helps protect and create value.
Closing date: 30th November 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.