Manager, BI Analytics & Machine Learning
- Launch and lead our Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Manage Enterprise Data Warehouse, Consumption & Billing, SAP Analytic Cloud
- Parramatta location and flexible working arrangements
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a positive contribution to the lives of our customers, communities and our environment.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Manager, Business Intelligence, Analytics & Machine Learning will be responsible for delivering on Sydney Water Enterprise Analytics Blueprint enabling data driven decisions and intelligent insights. You will be expected to launch and lead our artificial intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities.
· Responsible for the Management of existing Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Consumption & Billing data store (C&B) and SAP Analytic Cloud (SAC). It is also responsible for managing the team that develops on these platforms
· Design and build the future capability required to sustain the future vision for the team in association with the Head of Data & Analytics
· Collaborate with Strategic AI/ML Partner to create an internal Framework for creating and supporting AI & ML use cases advising internal stakeholders on the design & creation of AI, ML & Analytic solutions
· Be responsible for all AI, ML, C&B, SAC initiatives
· Support the Head of Enterprise Data in the function of Data & Information Custodian involving centralised visibility of all large-scale analytics, Data Modelling, AI & ML activity across the organization to ensure efficiency & effectiveness of the capability
· Transform the existing team into an enablement team that provide rapid data results for the business
· Move Sydney Water to an Open Data Platform and secure sharing capability
You are tactical providing valuable input into the development of Governance and Data Management processes. An established leader able to maintain current service and to prepare the team to deliver future capabilities in line with the strategic direction of the Group.
· Degree qualification in information technology, business, computer science or similar and/or equivalent industry experience, with a management post-graduate degree ideal
· Above 10 years of experience in Information Technology
· More than 5 years experience managing a team in either Business Intelligence or Data Warehousing
· Involvement in transitioning a traditional BI/Reporting team to a Data Provisioning/Reporting CoE team
· Delivered projects via Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
· Established planning, budgetary and vendor management skills
· Experience in managing a temporary workforce including variable people costs
· Capability to negotiate and communicate at senior and managerial
· Strong relationship, stakeholder engagement and conflict management skills
· Ability to work as part of a team in a changing and challenging environment
Closing date: Tuesday 30 November, 2021. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role.
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.