Planner – Term
- assess the risk of asset failure across a large rage of asset classes to identify our investment requirements
- ensure that our corporate strategy is embedded in our Asset Management System and investment plans and asset renewals.
- Term role located at Parramatta
- Term ending March 2022
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
To lead the development of forward thinking, multi-driver responsive, customer focussed, integrated urban water servicing and waterway management plans that define the actions required to deliver upon the outcomes set in product and service strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited too;
- The asset planning team in System and Asset Planning are responsible for planning for a range of new and upgraded network assets such as water and sewer mains, pumping stations and reservoirs.
- We manage the impact of odour on our customers from our networks.
- We assess the risk of asset failure across a large rage of asset classes to identify our investment requirements.
- We support key government requirements such as how best to secure the water supply in the Greater Sydney Water Strategy
- We ensure that our corporate strategy is embedded in our Asset Management System and investment plans and asset renewals.
- 1-3 years’ experience in complex planning studies and integrated water management
- A degree in engineering/science or related discipline
- Experience writing robust business cases to justify investment.
- The ability to engage with a range of stakeholders form operators to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in applying innovation and novel approaches to asset management.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 12 March, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.