- Full time permanent opportunity for Level 1 Production Officer
- Competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Located Sydney Water Lower Hawkesbury Hub (Warriewood, West Hornsby, Hornsby Heights and Brooklyn WRRF
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water for people across Greater Sydney and centralised sanitation to protect our beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
Water is the most valuable natural resource in the world. The work of the Water Resource Recovery Team is essential to continuously improving the health of the rivers and beaches of Greater Sydney. We are developing water treatment solutions that contribute to the circular economy, restoring and reinvigorating the natural environment. You will be able to make a real difference to the community and the environment through this essential service.
The workplace is a mix of office and outdoor activities and you will be working with a diverse group of employees. You will have the opportunity for formal and in-house training to skill you for the role. This role also offers pathways and support for career development as a water professional. We are a family friendly workplace and offer job and workhour flexibility.
About the role
Production Officers located in the Lower Hawkesbury Hub are responsible for operating and maintaining wastewater treatment and resource recovery assets to meet our legislative and product requirements, as well as customer, safety, and efficiency targets. Opportunity for learning and development working with a highly experienced team.
The role is for daywork operations Monday to Friday from 7 am to 3:30 pm. For every nine days worked one rostered day off is accrued, to maintain 35 hours a week. A willingness to take part in standby rostering is required on a rotational basis. a 26-hour standby allowance for any weeks worked on Standby (plus any overtime worked).
This position will ideally suit a team member who is safety conscious with experience working in team environments, an individual with manufacturing / production background will excel in this position
- Previous experience working in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Good people skills and keen to learn and grow your career in a supportive team culture.
- A ‘hands-on’ approach to problem solving and trouble-shooting;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exposure to safety, environment, and quality management systems;
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to production and maintenance timelines;
- A commitment to continuous improvement, learning and living a positive team culture.
- Engineering, Science or Trade qualification, or equivalent experience in a production environment is desirable.
- Suitable graduate or early career professional will also be considered
Please refer to the position description for the full accountabilities of the role.
Application closing date: Monday 18th October 2021
As part of the recruitment process we ask you to upload your current resume and cover letter, please note your cover letter should address the About You section of this advertising text providing demonstrated examples of your soft skills
The cover letter is to be no longer than two (2) single sided pages.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex, or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.