Hub Reliability Engineer
- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Full-time fixed-term role located at Bondi
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Provide technical leadership for the management of Production assets, influencing the whole of life asset management needs to ensure they operate to the specified standard of reliability and availability and meet the ongoing asset management needs of the Production Hub.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Lead and support the Production Hub Manager and Delivery Team Leader (the “ROM’ team) in the 5 Year Investment Planning process.
- Lead the production of an annual Asset Plan for the Hub.
- Drive continuous improvement in asset management, especially in planned and corrective maintenance (including major periodic maintenance).
- Review of asset criticality and asset condition with Hub teams and Process Engineers and develop strategies to mitigate asset risk for the Hub.
- Develop and review asset maintenance strategies for Hub assets, including life cycle analysis
- Support the review and continuous improvement of asset data quality & completeness for the Hub.
- Support reliability and treatment process performance analysis
A university degree qualification in engineering (preferably mechanical, electrical or similar) and/or equivalent experience in operations, maintenance/renewals or treatment/quality aspects of water systems
- Maximo or equivalent computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) experience.
- Strong reliability centred maintenance, including production of risk-based maintenance strategies and use of reliability tools such as FMECA.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical or electrical assets used within Production.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and lateral thinking.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers and stakeholders, managing and delivering on their expectations.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders to meet positive business outcomes.
- Strong ability to foster an environment that encourages safety, innovation and organisation change.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with complex asset management applicable to water/wastewater treatment or similar and/ or related engineering field.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 20-September-2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.