Senior Analyst, Asset and System Management
- Analysis of asset information to develop network and system management plans, especially thematic (outcome based) plan that inform the right balance of works to ensure acceptable risk at the right time and cost.
- Identify research and innovation needs for improving the way assets are managed and assessed. Develop guiding documents for network assets across water, wastewater, storm water and/or recycled water systems including decision frameworks
- Prioritise works to ensure sound infrastructure investment
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and wastewater services to protect our beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Asset and Systems (Networks), this position is key to developing sound asset strategies and plans, providing specifications to the Networks business, and ensuring the efficient delivery of quality water and wastewater services to customers. The role is part of a dynamic team working across water and asset classes and themes and works to manage network infrastructure risks across the many systems in our area of operation, from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to the Illawarra. The role is based in our Parramatta Office.
Essential to perform this position is an understanding of asset management and the ability to provide a clear line of sight from asset infrastructure right through to customer experience. The role requires a high level of collaboration across the business, being able to deep dive to understand operational performance and challenges and customer experience through to strategic thinking to provide direction via Decision Frameworks and supporting plans. The role also requires lateral thinking and working with our research and innovation team to develop new tools to overcome challenges in condition assessment capability and early detection of asset risk. The area of work has high visibility of Sydney Water activities and is well placed to identify and enact on improvement opportunities.
Demonstrated professional experience in managing network assets (pipelines, facilities such as pumping stations and reservoirs and associated structures) and a collaborative mindset that seeks to understand and works with others to prioritise focus areas and implements improvement.
It is important that you can demonstrate:
· Relevant degree qualifications in engineering, science, business or a related discipline, or experience deemed equivalent.
· Proven experience in developing guiding documents for water, wastewater, stormwater and/or recycled water systems.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to interrogate and present data to provide supporting evidence for decisions.
· Ability to collaborate and influence others to enact change and improve the way we work.
· Experience in developing asset plans
· Interest and capability in developing innovative solutions to overcome complex challenges in the water industry.
Closing date: 18 January 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.