- Exceptional people leadership, stakeholder engagement, and strategic thinking
- Join a high performing team delivering exceptional results
- Permanent role located at our HO in Parramatta
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of the position is to provide commercial oversight, strategic advice and to deliver commercial services to the Major Projects portfolio, in order to drive commercial performance and decision making and value-for-money across the Sydney Water Major Projects Infrastructure Investment Program (comprising planning, development, design, construction, operational handover and benefits realisation).
The position provides assurance through the management of financial controls, monitoring costs and performance, ensuring effective reporting, and identifying and addressing risks and compliance issues across the program lifecycle, in order to support optimal program outcomes.
The position manages the delivery of commercial services across cost planning and estimating, financial management and control, performance analysis and improvement, pre-contract, procurement services, transaction management and contract management across the project lifecycle
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Oversee the provision of strategic commercial, financial and procurement services and advice to the Major Projects leadership team to enable the delivery of the Major Projects Infrastructure Investment Program.
- Provide expert guidance on the effective management and administration of framework agreements and contracts for the full spectrum of arrangements: Professional Services; Design and Construction Works ($100m+ in project value) and operational activities as dictated by the Major Projects program of works
- Lead commercial input to the development of optimised program delivery
- Provide project and works cost planning, monitoring, performance analysis and reporting of program performance against defined outcomes
- Provide and establish effective financial management and controls, budgeting, reporting, forecasting and analysis of all Opex, Capex and Revenue for Major Projects to support organisational financial sustainability and deliver against financial governance requirements.
- 12+ years’ experience in commercial management in design and construction and/or maintenance delivery within the infrastructure/utilities sectors
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CA/CPA)
- Understanding of INSW/Treasury/IPART/regulatory process
- Knowledge and understanding of government protocols for procurement and contract management
- Ability to anticipate, influence and demonstrate to stakeholders what programs and projects: should cost, will cost, did cost and why.
- Demonstrated ability to form strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to facilitate dialogue about existing risk, compliance, and governance frameworks; inspires confidence in the effectiveness and appropriateness of adopted approaches
- Strong capability to effect positive business change, working across organisational reporting lines and building enhanced commercial capability.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 09 March, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.