- Exciting opportunity to help develop leading-edge decision support tools for Sydney Water
- Full time, permanent role
- Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Senior Analyst: Asset Investment Planning is responsible for providing data-driven analytics and insights to identify major business trade-offs and providing advice on opportunities to improve settings leading to improved cost/benefit outcomes. This involves proactive awareness and understanding of key business problems and then selecting or building the appropriate financial models for ad-hoc analysis and/or incorporating the analysis in the enterprise cost driver and capital investment models.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively understand key business tactical and strategic issues, decisions and trade-offs and use critical and creative thinking to determine the optimal cost driver, investment analyses and business modelling approach required to provide insights and determine solutions;
- Identify and build ad-hoc models where required and/or enhance existing models e.g. the Totex Cost Driver model, the Strategic Capital Investment Plan (SCIP) model, and the Total Rolling Asset Plan (TRAP);
- Maintain and update the relevant infrastructure and asset class level investment and optimisation models;
- Gather relevant data and populate the models with consistent data and assumptions, reconcile the totex cost driver model with the organisation’s P&L and use its outputs to inform and validate investment and asset lifecycle total expenditure optimisation models and guidelines;
- Proactively generate analysis, reports, forecasts & insights on major cost drivers and investment plans by asset class, systems, operations, products and customer types and skilfully communicate to stakeholders in order to make strategic business decisions; and
- Improve business operational and investment effectiveness based on analysis and insights from the models.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Accounting or Finance;
- 5-10 years’ experience in a management accounting or equivalent role, ideally in a capital intensive business;
- Sound understanding of business operations, cost drivers and potential trade-offs;
- Exposure to, and interest in, cost driver, infrastructure and asset class investment modelling, analysis and optimisation;
- Strong stakeholder management skills; and
- Experience in the Water and/or Utilities industry (desirable).
Closing date: Thursday 2 December 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.