- Create a collaborative and efficient team working environment
- Parramatta Location
- Permanent and 12-month fixed term opportunities!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Working in Sydney Waters Business Centre, called Business Connect, the seven roles form a new centralised purchasing team. The team are required to provide specialist buying support for low risk, low value goods and services where there is no existing source of supply.
Reporting to the Team Manager, this position supports the Sydney Water businesses by identifying sources of supply through the Request for Quote (RFQ) process. The position also has high collaboration with Sydney Water’s Procurement team in identifying those areas of spend that should be moved from low value sourcing to either tactical or strategic sourcing to increase contracting opportunities and self-service.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the end to end purchasing process for low risk, low value goods and services. This includes identifying registered suppliers to conduct RFQs in fulfilling business requirements through the sourcing process, conducting price negotiations, make recommendations to award business and managing PO’s to closure.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to identify future source of supply contracting opportunities reducing Purchase Orders created through the RFQ process.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve customer self-service for purchasing tasks and support customers in their adoption of self-service improving their user experience.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to purchasing processes to protect Sydney Water against inappropriate purchasing.
As a successful applicant, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance, Business) or experience deemed equivalent.
- Advantageous is Professional Procurement (e.g. MCIPS) qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a purchasing role, preferably in a utilities organisation or a large complex organisation operating across indirect and direct categories with a large and diverse supplier base.
- Specific experience in one or more of the following procurement categories; Chemicals & Water Treatment, Construction and Works; Corporate Services, Energy and Utilities, Information Technology, Maintenance and Equipment, Operations & Facility Services, Property & Facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute sourcing activities in SAP Ariba and SAP S4hana or alternative SAP platforms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the supplier evaluation and selection process, and operational knowledge of sourcing principles, tools and best practices, understanding KPIs and influence outcomes that drive efficiencies.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced analysis knowledge to identify and quantity saving opportunities.
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.