- Job no: R3JAB
- Category: Digital, Operational Technology
- Participate in developing SCADA strategy and standards
- Provide detailed consulting advice and assistance to clients and contractors
- Manage and perform technical activities associated with the planning and delivery of IICATS/SCADA technology and projects
- Location, Potts Hill
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The SCADA Project Engineer reviews IICATS/SCADA engineering aspects of projects, including carrying out site investigation and audit, project scope definitions and technical/commercial inputs to concept and detailed design. Participates in design reviews throughout project lifecycle.
In this role you will also assist customers and partners in defining their requirements for IICATS/SCADA technology and ensure that these requirements are accurately reflected in the installed technology, therefore it is essential that you provide input into processes and systems improvements to support and improve safety and security performance, business efficiency, risk management, staff work environment, and user experience. Other responsibilities will also include:
- Participate in development of SCADA strategy and standards and support underlying technology
- Provide SCADA expertise to delivery partners to resolve any emerging issues
- Ensure SCADA project deliverables are provided in accordance with OT quality management system and compliant with standards, specifications and standard software library
- Hands on participation in SCADA project delivery lifecycle (workshops, Functional Design Specifications, reviews, acceptance audits)
As a SCADA Project Engineer you will be required to demonstrate the ability and experience in translating complex client requirements into technical SCADA engineering solutions, developing initial option and concept reports and providing technical/commercial information for business cases, it is also important that you have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with demonstrated experience in project management and computer applications to process control
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience of SCADA, telemetry control systems and their application in water and wastewater assets relating to Sydney Water’s provision of total service to customers
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate SCADA technologies and create recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships between the Project Team, Customers, Product Delivery Partners and Service Providers.
Closing date: 8 August 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 11 days ago - 08 Aug 2022