- Act as Subject Matter Expert to contribute to the overall effectiveness of corruption prevention
- Facilitate the delivery of Sydney Water’s corporate program to manage fraud and corruption risk
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This role will facilitate the delivery of the corporate program that manages the risk of fraud and corruption in accordance with Sydney Water’s Board's stated risk appetite and better practice guidance issued by authorities such as the ICAC and the Auditor General.
- Jointly with Internal Audit, manage and execute a data analytics program that tests for the presence of fraud, corruption and associated red flags.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit to manage Sydney Water’s response to and implementation of any relevant recommendations made by ICAC, the Audit Office, Public Service Commission or other integrity-related regulator or authority.
- Coordinate fraud control and corruption prevention activities in response to specific incidents or requests with Legal, Internal Audit and Corporate Public Affairs.
- Manage the conflicts of interest management framework, including the central register, the annual declaration process and ad hoc requests for support by the business.
- Support the Corruption Prevention and Ethics Manager to plan, coordinate and execute fraud and corruption risk assessments across the business
- Advise on the planning, execution and reporting of Internal Audit engagements (and other assurance activities) to ensure corruption and fraud risk controls are assessed appropriately.
- Provide advice to Risk to identify, assess, treat, and monitor corruption and fraud risks to ensure they are mitigated as specified in the Corporate Risk Management Framework.
- Management of the gifts, conflicts of interest and personal interest registers and attestations
- As required, contribute to business unit and corporate initiatives associated with the management of risk.
This role will suit someone who is able to work independently, often with ambiguous information, and who can engage with a variety of audiences and stakeholders to offer guidance and advice around corruption prevention, fraud risk management, and business ethics. You should have prior experience communicating with C-suite executives and regulatory bodies, and you will keep abreast of fraud and corruption trends which may be developing across the organisation and the industry sector.
You will have:
- A relevant degree qualification in business, commerce or related fields, or equivalent experience in fraud/corruption prevention and business ethics.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior fraud/corruption prevention or business ethics role for a government agency or large organisation.
- Broad knowledge of corruption prevention, fraud risk management and business ethics as it is applied in a hybrid government/corporate environment.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant corruption and fraud prevention and ethics standards.
- Knowledge of the NSW ICAC Act and Public Interest Disclosures Act.
- Familiarity with better practice fraud and corruption risk management strategies and activities
- Ability to analyse structured and unstructured data to identify potential fraud, corruption and other red flags
- Demonstrated experience providing advice on strategy and issues management, including on confidential and sensitive issues.
Closing date: Thursday 16th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.