- Implement engineering assurance framework and provide technical expertise, advice and engineering leadership
- Identify and evaluate emerging products and technology relevant to water industries
- Full time permanent role located at our head office in Parramatta, and spoke offices across Sydney – Flexible working options
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
Reporting to the Specialist Engineering Manager in Engineering and Technical Support, Senior Civil Engineer will provide advice to wider Sydney Water as the Subject Matter Expert in Civil/ Pipeline Engineering.
The Senior Civil Engineer will be engaging with several internal stakeholders such as project deliver, O&M teams and external stakeholders such as other government entities and their delivery partners.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and management of Standards, Specifications, Procedures and Guidelines
- Providing Civil/ Pipeline Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) and risk management advice and support design reviews
- Evaluating innovation in relevant engineering aspects, and processing deviation requests to relevant technical guidelines, standards and specifications
- Appraising of pipeline related products
- Contribution to research and development of new and innovative products and materials
- Peer reviewing of planning and design documentation for new pipe assets, and condition assessment and rehabilitation of existing pipe assets
- Representing Sydney Water in various professional bodies, such as WSAA and Standards Australia
- Working closely with engineers of other disciplines, and scientists within and external to the team
- Supervising and mentoring engineers at junior levels
You are highly proactive, collaborative and solutions focused subject matter expert driving innovative engineering disciplines for optimised system outcomes.
Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor of engineering degree in civil engineering or other relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience in civil and pipeline design, with at least three years in a senior role
- Demonstrated technical expertise in civil, structural and hydraulic design of major pipelines and appurtenances
- Knowledge of design and construction practices associated with trenchless technologies, including rehabilitation of existing pipelines
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, communication and technical report writing skills
- Senior Engineer: CPEng (Civil area of practice) and NER or in the process of achieving it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support inter-disciplinary and asset owner, production of specialist reports and advice to technical and non-technical staff.
- A desire to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a senior technical support and subject matter expert capacity
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 11 July 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can Contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.