Enterprise Planning Manager
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Parramatta Location - Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As part of the Strategy and Enterprise Planning team work collaboratively with SW Executive, Board and Heads of Business to shape and execute the Sydney Water Strategy and supporting business plans.
Lead a Centre of Excellence function to manage and implement clear governance, frameworks, processes and procedures that the business uses to implement enterprise wide strategic and business planning activities. This includes monitoring the delivery of the planning activities against schedule and effective program management to ensure an integrated enterprise plan is delivered through co-ordination and collaboration across teams.
This role will lead and champion the implementation of a consistent enterprise approach to strategic planning, business planning and budgeting that enables the successful delivery of strategy, including quarterly planning activities.
Provide leadership and support the development, implementation, monitoring and refinement of the Sydney Water Strategy and innovative strategic blueprints and business plans
Collaborate across the organisation to develop and manage a robust enterprise business planning process and prepare an enterprise business plan, and support the development of implementation and group delivery plans with the business, ensuring alignment to the organisation strategy, budget, enterprise risk management and the Contribution and Development processes.
The role will promote ownership across the business of implementation plans and be responsible for partnering with a nominated business group to establish and maintain alignment of business plans and group delivery plans to Sydney Water’s strategy.
Work in partnership with the Finance and Business Performance teams and relevant business groups to prepare short (annual), medium (five-year) and long term (10-year) budgets for the enterprise business plan
Delivery of value adding and actionable, planned and ad-hoc reports to the Board, Executive and Leadership teams.
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline (business, economics, engineering or science)
- Post graduate qualification highly regarded. Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in strategic and business planning within a large complex organisation managing a portfolio of work including experience of delivering large complex programs
- Extensive knowledge and experience in portfolio, program and project management and governance for complex strategic programs of work, with expert experience in the analysis and optimisation of programs and projects
- Expert experience in establishing program governance frameworks, risk identification and management, benefits management
- Demonstrated experience in a large organisation, utility, or government agency, including an understanding of Sydney Water's commercial and regulatory framework
- Demonstrated experience in managing analytical processes and integrating outcomes into strategic and business planning
- Demonstrated experience in influencing employees and management on strategic and planning issues
Closing date: Thursday 20th January 2022
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.