- Permanent opportunity available in the Waste Water & Storm Water Programs Team.
- Potts Hill location with competitive salary plus superannuation.
- Provide product, operational and maintenance skills in the management of wastewater and storm water systems to achieve customer, stakeholder, and regulatory requirements
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This role will focus on Waste Water & Storm Water programs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement system, asset and/or product strategies to improve the performance of processes and/or assets & operating systems.
- Contribute to improvement in reliability, maintainability, and safety of assets within Sydney Water’s area of operations
- Apply processes and procedures related to operational and condition programs specific to reviewing CCTV footage of sewer mains and initiate corrective measure
- Scope work and prepare plans to enable issuing of work to service providers
- Assist in monitoring delivery of the CCTV and corrective maintenance programs
- Primary point of contact within the team for an allocated area of operations related to CCTV operational programs
- Comply with relevant Operating Licence, Customer Contract and other regulatory requirements including EPA & Department of Health (where relevant) and associated legislation.
- Contribute to management strategies and policies within the nominated focus areas
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of specific projects and programs
- Effectively deal with customer enquiries & complaints in a coordinated and expeditious manner
- Contribute to the identification and allocation of key portfolio/program/project responsibilities within the team
- Contribute to unit, divisional or corporate improvement initiatives
- A tertiary qualification in engineering or a related discipline and/or proven experience in operations, maintenance/renewals, system planning, asset management or treatment/quality aspects of water and/or recycled water and/or wastewater and/or storm water systems
- Good problem solving, lateral thinking, communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Good skills and experience in dealing with customer, stakeholder & regulator issues
- Understanding of and experience in treatment processes/product quality &/or operating assets &/or systems for the delivery of water &/or recycled water &/or stormwater product and services that meet customer and stakeholder expectations
- Understanding of and experience within the nominated focus area/s
- Experience in the measurement, analysis and evaluation of water &/or recycled water &/or wastewater &/or stormwater systems performance and the ability to develop strategies & work programs to improve performance
- Experience in working with internal & external service delivery partners to achieve common goals
- Demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to accept challenges and deliver assigned projects as part of a team or as an individual
- Knowledge of the appropriate Regulatory requirements A solid understanding of the application of computerised system &/or maintenance &/or process management systems
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems relevant to water &/or recycled water &/or wastewater &/or stormwater systems
- Advanced communication skills (verbal & written) and personal qualities (innovation, motivation, self confidence and tact) including ability to translate technical outcomes to operational needs
- You must have a current driving licence or can obtain one immediately
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours, either from home, office or in the field as required
Should your application be unsuccessful you may be considered for other opportunities within Sydney Water.
Application close date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, gender or cultural background. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.