- Support the General Manager - Digital and coordinate and ensure all administrative obligations are met.
- Looking for a team player with a proactive and positive “can-do” attitude, great energy and a problem-solving mindset
- Parramatta and Homebush location, and work from home
- 12-month fixed term maternity leave cover
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Executive Officer to the General Manager - Digital role will support the General Manager to coordinate and ensure all administrative obligations are met which includes assisting with the preparation of high level briefs, papers, agendas, minutes, responses and submissions as required.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Digital team with enquires for the General Manager, being the point of contact to guide enquiries and requests with open communication.
- Coordinating inputs to meetings (team, Executive, Board and Board committees) and follow up on required actions.
- Support the drafting and preparation of complex documentation and correspondence including Executive papers, Board papers, business cases and communications.
- Provide guidance to the Group leadership team on the Executive MOS, Board and related Board Committees paper review process, including providing feedback and input into papers (as necessary) and checking that all papers meet corporate secretariat guidelines and are delivered on time and are of a high quality.
- Arrange travel, approvals and coordination of the General Manager’s attendance at business meetings off site as required.
- Use communication and event coordination skills to coordinate multiple stakeholders and suppliers to ensure seamless execution of communications, campaigns and general events and activities including sourcing speakers, arranging invites, collation of papers, formatting speech notes, preparation of slides.
- Assist in the day to day operations and administration of the Group, on behalf of the General Manager.
Solution-focused, you are a highly organised, self-starting professional Executive Officer or senior Executive Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment. A quick learner, you will be used to picking up information and terminology that you may not be familiar with.
You will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and initiative in ensuring the General Manger – Digital is fully briefed on his day / week by proactively managing his diary and emails, and ensuring he is aware of, and prepared for, any upcoming meetings or activities.
Acting as a “right hand” to the General Manager - Digital you will provide excellent levels of communication, have an ability to extrapolate information and convey actions to appropriate team members as required and be passionate about playing a part in assisting the business achieve its vision of “creating a better life through world class water services”.
You will have:
- Minimum +5 years’ experience as Executive Officer, Executive Assistant, or Office Manager, or in a complex administrative role, preferably supporting General Managers or C-suite level executives.
- Diploma in Management or Business Administration and/or equivalent level of skills and knowledge gained from practical experience in a similar role.
- An ability to work flexibly in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Professional discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A proactive, positive “can-do” attitude with great energy and a problem-solving mindset.
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise as required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and respond to enquiries including contentious and emotive issues at a senior level in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and operating in a complex environment using sound judgement in competing demands and tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in keyboard and computer skills, with advanced skills in the use of standard desktop applications.
Closing date: Sunday 25th April 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.