- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing engineering team in an exciting time of growth in water sector
- Full time, permanent role
- Flexible working options available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
Reporting to the Specialist Engineering Manager in Engineering and Technical Support, this role will provide advice to wider Sydney Water leading the Subject Matter Expert team in Geotechnical Engineering
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to develop team members
- Provide specialised technical support to wider Sydney Water in diverse range of projects and geotechnical items
- Direct the identification, creation and active management of technical specifications, standards and guidelines related to Geotechnical engineering
- Lead and facilitate decision making on innovations and deviations from standard requests
- Participate in leadership roles in asset management across lifecycle of Sydney Water assets
- Preparation and management of standards, specifications and guidelines related to Sydney Water’s assets
- Maintaining regular contact with other geotechnical SMEs in related industries for sharing and advancement of skills and knowledge
- Participating and contributing to the development of relevant standards by Standard Australia and Water Services Association, Australia.
- Reviewing of design documentation for new assets and rehabilitation of existing assets
- Mentoring junior engineers and ensuring they develop the necessary skills required for CPEng NER status with IEAust
- Working closely with engineering geologists, geotechnical, structural, civil, and materials engineers within the team and beyond
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil discipline, that is recognised under the Washington Accord or Engineers Australia, with relevant experience in Geotechnical Engineering or
- A recognized Engineering Geology degree with extensive relevant experience in Geotechnical Engineering Applications
- Registration with Engineers Australia as Chartered Professional Engineer in Geotechnical or Civil or equivalent or in the process of achieving it
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience in geotechnical design, with 5 years in a senior role overseeing complex, large scale projects in geotechnical engineering aspects
- Advanced knowledge and experience in soil-structure interaction
- Knowledge and experience in construction phase geotechnical inputs for earthworks, retaining walls and tunnelling will be an advantage
- Ability to investigate and challenge Sydney Water standards, Australian and international standards, and industry practise to ensure that the organisation can innovative solutions
- Exposure in working in and leading a multi-disciplinary design team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support inter-disciplinary and asset owner, production of specialist reports
- A desire to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a senior technical support and subject matter expert capacity
- Solution focused with the ability to find a way to make things better
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge others’ strengths and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand the impact and how it contributes to the cooperate strategy of the organisation.
Please see the position description for the role's full accountabilities.
Application closing date: Thursday 26 May 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can Contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.