- Exciting opportunity in the Water Supply and Production team
- Drive optimization and innovation across the Sydney Water drinking water treatment!
- Full time Permanent position based out of Potts Hill
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing, so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water is launching an exciting new way of working with our delivery partners in Water Supply & Production. In these new roles, you will get to work with teams from Sydney Water, SUEZ, Veolia, Sydney Desalination, WaterNSW and TRILITY. As part of this new team, you will ensure Sydney’s 5 million customers are supplied with high quality drinking water every day.
In this role you will drive process optimization and innovation across Customer Delivery Water Supply and Production to achieve product quality outcomes, improve operational efficiency and reduce cost.
- Introduce standardization and new technology to achieve consistent product quality outcomes
- Lead input into product quality, material and chemical specifications
- Lead technical input to capital upgrade projects for Water Filtration Plants (WFPs) and review design, construction and commissioning documents and ensure Sydney Water standards are maintained in design
- Provide technical input to Sydney Water research and development projects
- Lead pilot plant, new technology and instrumentation trials
- Lead and implement product improvement and optimization programs
This position will suit a team member with a background in the Water / Wastewater industries, allowing you to bring your technical knowledge supporting Capital Projects at Sydney Water. You have a passion for new technologies, product development and implementation.
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Water/ Process related industry
- Technical speciality in one or more of the unit processes used for Water/ Wastewater Treatment
- Demonstrated skills in technical report writing and data analysis, and technical capabilities that would enable process related diagnosis/ root cause analysis
- Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills with multiple stakeholders in a team environment
- Demonstrated technical capabilities to review and provide input into design for plant upgrade
- Detailed knowledge of product guidelines, Sydney Water specifications and quality management systems
- Experience with SCADA systems, software for analytics, Microsoft Office applications and ability to use customised software packages
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application closing date: Midnight Sunday 3rd July 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.