- Guide and influence internal stakeholders on the journey to fully implement best-in-class procurement processes
- Improving ways of working within procurement, providing second line of assurance in contract management, and managing supplier lifecycle
- Competitive salary package based out of Parramatta
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Procurement Effectiveness, this role will see you ensure that day-to-day Procurement practices are aligned with the objectives set out in the Procurement Policy, enabled by simplified processes and fit-for-purpose technologies and tools. In collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders you drive the enhancement and adoption of the Procurement Framework at Sydney Water.
Your key accountabilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Lead development, review, improvement, and roll out of processes and procedures that delivers strong business results and meets SWC future needs and requirements and in accordance with the Procurement Framework
- Leads the implementation of tools, and templates across Procurement
- Communicates process and policies changes in a clear and easy to understand manner which enables a compelling message for change including the expected benefits to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manage the interrelationship between operational issues and procurement process and provides advice to on process refinement and enhancement
- Leverage knowledge and experience of best-in-class procurement process and data to drive organisational innovation and enhanced business outcomes
- Evaluates and coordinates continuous improvement ideas generated by others; gaining support for and prioritising ideas for implementation
- Developing a working model, processes, tools, and templates that balance multiple complex issues requiring extensive stakeholder consultation, sensitivity, and attention to detail.
- Establish a Procurement governance and compliance process to ensure effective implementation of the Procurement Framework
This role will suit someone who is a self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities, and who can demonstrate a solid background in process improvement and implementation of the procurement lifecycle. You excel at influencing stakeholders across the business to lead and coordinate procurement processes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Information Technology, Supply Chain, Finance, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
- Formal Project Management and Business Process Improvement/Lean qualifications desirable
- Extensive knowledge of procurement policy, processes, and systems, including major ERP systems such as SAP
- 7+ years’ experience working in contract management in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Strong stakeholder management skills with multiple stakeholders including external suppliers
- Ability to influence stakeholders at various levels in the organisation
- Professional Procurement (e.g. MCIPS) qualification advantageous
Closing date: Sunday 27th September 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.