- Manage the secure operation, monitoring, and maintenance and management of Digital Acceptance services at Sydney Water
- Redefine current Acceptance processes
- Permanent role, Parramatta location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This role is critical to the success of Digital, ensuring that all products and releases are deployed meeting accepted quality standards and timelines. This is a great opportunity to autonomously lead development and management of optimised enterprise-wide Release Governance, Service Design and Transition, and Change Management pathway, balancing the pace of the production based on assurance requirements and business needs.
You will collaborate closely with the Portfolio Management and Product Delivery teams to contribute to a Digital pipeline based on release milestones and communicate achievements and challenges through the appropriate channels.
Your duties will involve:
- People management accountabilities with full managerial authorities.
- Managing the secure operation, monitoring and maintenance and management of digital acceptance services ensuring service levels, availability, capacity and resilience.
- Maintaining and communicating the Release calendar and pipeline
- Collaborating with all Digital teams and relevant frameworks to provide digital acceptance services supporting, delivery, development and continuous improvement.
- Identifying, understanding and prioritising task allocation to deliver digital acceptance services to meet customer service requirements.
- Providing service acceptance specialists to projects and product releases, throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Liaising with external service providers in delivering the day to day operation, maintenance and monitoring of all digital acceptance services, informing Digital Resilience of any risks, issues and performance impacts.
- Ensuring releases/changes are in acceptable condition for release, without impacting business operations
This role will suit someone who has a love of challenging the status quo and a passion for delivery. A strong collaborator, you will be the person who can get stakeholder buy-in and bring people on a journey with you as you set the direction for Digital Acceptance at Sydney Water. You have a background engaging with stakeholders across a range of business units and clearly articulating complex technical problems in plain language. You thrive on turning ambiguity into clear direction, driving change in challenging situations and enabling people through your demonstrated people management skills.
You will have:
- A relevant tertiary degree qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science, or similar or equivalent industry experience
- ITIL certification
- 10+ years experience in Digital/Informaiton Technology lifecycle delivery
- 5+ years’ experience in managing staff and teams with a demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain technologies across a number of geographical locations.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, team focus and dedication to customer service
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and implement and operate new technology solutions from inception.
- Experience with various technologies Java / SAP / Public cloud hosting services (Azure), Adobe cloud services various product offering
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.